Season Three, Event 30: 1 Hour Cutthroat Solo

2nd duelist
"
As long as you can use glacial hammer in cut-throats, cut-throats are a waste of time. I had 300 life and 40+ cold resist and was killed in 4 hits by someone a level lower than me and was frozen solid the for the entire fight. NERF GLACIAL HAMMER IN CUT-THROATS

The problem is rather that GGG nerfed in terms of PVM-->Players.

Monsters can still stunlock you-->Desync

The 11.0 change nerfed life nodes so you have around 100 life less with life based EQ around level 10(I usually had 400-434 with corals and leather belt.)
This CT I had 323 I had 2x30 corals and a 31 leather belt so only 9 life missing.

On the other side the damage you do increased meaning instead of leaving it as it was and changing the armor formula you will receive far more damage in PVP.

This also means ailments have a longer duration, you take more damage and flask durations are shorter due lower life.

Last CT I was frozen and died because of small flasks.
This CT I died because I had a Vulnerability curse on me and my enemy crit me with glacial hammer so I was frozen for 7 seconds meaning even with Flasks I died in 3 hits.

Having players and bosses be subject to freeze was never a good idea in the first place. Theres a reason they didnt allow this in D2.
IGN: KoTao
more cutthroat, i need more cutthroat.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
"
KoTao wrote:
Having players and bosses be subject to freeze was never a good idea in the first place. Theres a reason they didnt allow this in D2.

Actually you could but freezing never was a really powerful mechanic in D2 since it was based on chill duration and most monsters had a Chill effectivity malus already + 25% if champ and 50% if player/rare.
IIRC frozen arrow and orb could freeze uniques/champs/rares in 1.09 but after that ranged attacks received a 33% penalty and the chill effectivity got reduced by 25% each difficulty so ranged freezing was impossible.

There was chilling efficitity. In Nm you had a 50% penalty and in hell a 75% penalty.
Several monsters already have a chill effectivity for example even andariel normal already had a 75% effecify.

The freeze function looked like that iirc.

Chance =((3 or 4 x freeze mod + (Attackerlevel - Targetlevel))*5)+(melee ? +30 : +0)

Frames Frozen =Random(2,26) * Chance /26 * Effectitivy

So players,most rares, most champs and uniques were basically frozen less than 1 second.

I am pretty sure than you could freeze in 1.09 and a 1.10 beta build(The one where Blackoakshield got removed(In the end they radded it and kicked mermans sprocket). Buri was an infamous/bad mannered PVP weapon because it multipierced, slowed to cold and froze.
If you added clegclaws gloves players wouldn't PVP with you.

The other weapons were rather bad. I think the 1.10 ones were also not good for freezing.

Also there were items like Ravenfrost->Cannot be frozen/chilled or the rare mod half freezing duration.

Sure the devs can defend with "There are flaskmods" but I consider the flaskmod as horrbile, since flasks don't refill over time and GGG likes to make the more and more of an MMO.
Meaning increase the damage players can do but also raise the life of monsters to a higher extent--->Slower killspeed-->Slow refilling.

And at some point in merciless you won't ever use a potion anymore unless it's an instant flask.

Players and non-white monsters were immune to freeze in all D2 patches, they could only be chilled. Should have gone with the same ruleset here.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info