Should I Help Kraityn?

Resistance isn't that attractive for most people, because they are capped at 75%. Most people can reach this easily with items adding resistances.

However, +Mana has been interesting for some people. 8% increase is relatively similar to a passive point for some people.
"
GinsooPanda wrote:
with the node that gives me ice dmg and resis

like said above, not everyone of us plays a witch and has that easy access to the 'x walker' nodes, the "southeast" 1/3 of the tree has no comparable sources of resists...

"
fire only burns and there isnt that much mobs of fire :)

there are areas with fire and fire mobs, like rocky climb and prisoners gate - and the ground fire drains life very fast, always to check on my zombies ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
There have been some pretty interesting threads on this. The last one I read made a pretty convincing argument for helping Oak (life) * 4, particularly if you are a toon that depends on it. It's quite hard to acquire that much life (can't get it with 4 extra points for example), and it scales with %life/%regen passives, etc.

Of course, what you are trying to build matters. The life choice (pun unintended) seems pretty valuable when taking Blood Magic, for example.
"
Tindraa wrote:
There have been some pretty interesting threads on this. The last one I read made a pretty convincing argument for helping Oak (life) * 4, particularly if you are a toon that depends on it. It's quite hard to acquire that much life (can't get it with 4 extra points for example), and it scales with %life/%regen passives, etc.

Of course, what you are trying to build matters. The life choice (pun unintended) seems pretty valuable when taking Blood Magic, for example.

Thats pretty arguable in my opinion, i mean 4*45 life equals 180hp, as a marauder, i take the marauder as example because he usually relies on stacking hp, you would get more life out of taking the extra passive skill points and invest it in hp percentage, flat hp increase is pretty easy to acquire with equipment % based increase isnt.
"
Mr_Smith wrote:
"
Tindraa wrote:

Thats pretty arguable in my opinion, i mean 4*45 life equals 180hp, as a marauder, i take the marauder as example because he usually relies on stacking hp, you would get more life out of taking the extra passive skill points and invest it in hp percentage, flat hp increase is pretty easy to acquire with equipment % based increase isnt.

I knew somebody was going to make me hunt for a reference ;-).

Here's what I thought was a decent thread.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/34631/page/3

I have no idea how arguable/inarguable it is, but it seemed rational enough and, since I'm running a BM Marauder presently, seemed like a reasonable approach for me to take. Also, I've heard over and over how elemental resistance quickly caps, so that one, and mana, seem like nonstarters to me (i.e., comes down to a choice between points and life, IMHO).

If you side with him on all 4 difficulties, you get +32 to all your resists, thats basically a "ring" worth for all 3 of them, which is pretty huge.

Considering they cap at 75%, this allows you to only need 43 of any resist to cap it, which is fairly easy to do.

I think the +8 to all resists is the best choice out of the the 4 available choices.

But I must stress, that I LOVE they give me such a broad choice, the talent points are also pretty worthwhile.
Last edited by Zenn3k on Aug 10, 2012, 5:17:57 PM
the +8% sounds a bit less (but is equal to 24 on 1 element)m but it can really easify your gearing if your class/build depends (heavily) on other stats... on th other hand, with the actual given 4 difficulties, you give up 4 passive points that may make a huge difference around level 56 (mid act 2) if you try to reach specific nodes.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
GinsooPanda wrote:
with the node that gives me ice dmg and resis

like said above, not everyone of us plays a witch and has that easy access to the 'x walker' nodes, the "southeast" 1/3 of the tree has no comparable sources of resists...

"
fire only burns and there isnt that much mobs of fire :)

there are areas with fire and fire mobs, like rocky climb and prisoners gate - and the ground fire drains life very fast, always to check on my zombies ^^

obviusly not everybody has an ice/lighting witch but if a ring lvl 29 gives me 39 of 1 resis then a ring of a hihger lvl should give me quite more right? and with a good armor (i think they cant give dmg mods) just get the most resistances u can i thnk this should give u bout 50-55% 1 resis and 75% of the other in the rings? and if that is not enough u can always get a node that gives u plain elemental resistance. Btw most of the mobs that deal fire dmg are ranged, therefore u can easily dodge their atacks. Or u can get even more resistances but if u are not a tank then well then u dont really want to have max resist right?

about the rewards on the bandits: Lets say that u have a hp focused marauder (based on my experience) it may have an average 100-150% hp if u get the oak thing 4 time u will get 140+150% Thats about 310, u wont easlily get 310 hp with 4 nodes but me personaly always picked up the skill point reward no bandit gives dps and im normally a dps oriented char :D
"
GinsooPanda wrote:
Unavailable

lol my ring alone gives me 30 cold resistance with the node that gives me ice dmg and resis alredy got 75 + another 39 lighting ring + some other mod on the armor or the gloves and u got urself max resistances to the elements that fuck up everything, fire only burns and there isnt that much mobs of fire :)

BTW if u have CI they freeze u with the energy shield percentage or the 1 hp?

It's not about whether or not it's easy to max resists through equipment, it's what you're missing out on by having gear slots devoted to resists.

If you didn't have to max your resists through rings and amulets, it frees you up to max out item rarity/quantity or +elemental damage for a pretty major upgrade to DPS.

I love the quest because there's not a no brain answer. It really depends how your build your character. And it's not simply witches should pick X, marauders should pick Y, etc. It really depends on how you build your character, skills you use, nodes you have etc. as to which choice is the best choice for you, regardless of class.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Mr_Smith wrote:

180 base HP. Meaning that every % node you pick it up makes it better. Last time I helped Oak (cruel) it was good for a smidge less than 100HP for that single playthrough.
Current IGNs:
Smoothjazzz - 61 Summoner Templar (Default)
PostHardcore - 52 2H Marauder (Hardcore) (RIP)
PointBlaurader - 68 Bowrauder (Hardcore)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info