Should I Help Kraityn?

The buff he gives for being helped seemed kinda weak to me.. Just +8 to elemental resistances. Oh well.. I decided to fight him.. Not such an easy fight as a witch. After dying a few times, I finally got him!

Check my video of the fight! He can be a real pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3VuGu-ldU8

http://www.youtube.com/user/GenerationVideoGamer
You can help one of the 3 and either get +45 life, +45 mana or +8 to all resistances. Resistances aren't a bad choice in my opinion.
can you just kill all three? I am soon after the last one lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GenerationVideoGamer
"
Atrumia wrote:
can you just kill all three? I am soon after the last one lol.

Yes. You will then be rewarded a talent point to spend.
i take resistance on first difficult , then i took passive point
As far as I can see, it's possible to help him 4 times and thus get 32% (prismatic) elemental resistance that way. Doesn't sound bad at all.
Or is there a difficulty-related penalty on resistances that I don't know of? (The wiki doesn't mention any...)

EDIT: As pointed out by Serika, my math sucks. 4*8 is obviously not 24. :D
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on Aug 10, 2012, 8:19:58 AM
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
As far as I can see, it's possible to help him 4 times and thus get 24% (prismatic) elemental resistance that way. Doesn't sound bad at all.
Or is there a difficulty-related penalty on resistances that I don't know of? (The wiki doesn't mention any...)

there's actually no penalty at all based on difficulty, beside the death penalty on xp.

The resists may be considered at least for classes which have no easy way to get some related nodes in their part of the passive tree.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
As far as I can see, it's possible to help him 4 times and thus get 24% (prismatic) elemental resistance that way. Doesn't sound bad at all.

4 x 8 = 32 btw. ;)

Nevertheless, it's very good. If you get it 3-4 times as a reward, you'll most likely won't have to worry about resistances for the rest of the game.

Also, you won't get comparable defenses for the skill points you would get otherwise. Be it Merveil, Vaal Oversoul or any other of elemental attackers, with maxed resists they pose way less of a threat.

There is no difficulty resist penalty in the game... yet. Perhaps they'll add one eventually, but we don't know.
Its definitely the best choice if you want to help one of the bandits, the life and mana is much easier to acquire than the resistances, still i think the choice between resistance and passive skill point depends on the class you are playing.

As a marauder i prefered to take the passive skill point because i had plenty of resistances already.
Unavailable

lol my ring alone gives me 30 cold resistance with the node that gives me ice dmg and resis alredy got 75 + another 39 lighting ring + some other mod on the armor or the gloves and u got urself max resistances to the elements that fuck up everything, fire only burns and there isnt that much mobs of fire :)

BTW if u have CI they freeze u with the energy shield percentage or the 1 hp?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info