Pyro Totem Necromancer Templar

Hey everyone! So my first character was a shadow and it didn't strike my fancy as much as I had hoped. After some planning I've decided to reroll as a Templar.

Main focus of this build: Summon minions to do my dirty work. I've selected passives that increase their damage as much as possible. When they die, they'll explode to deal even more damage. All the while, I'm summoning totems that cast fireball/firestorm. And I'm shooting enemies as well with my own fireball/firestorm.

Supporting factors:
1) I purposely avoided as many minion life nodes as possible so that they will explode to deal additional damage. I realize that because my minions have less life, the explosion also deals less damage. However, I'm pumping points into fire damage passives to make up for this, since the explosion is fire damage.

2) I plan to use anger, wrath, and hatred, along with as many minion damage nodes I can reasonably get. This will increase the damage output of my minions as much as possible so they deal the maximum amount of damage before they die.

3) TOTEMS! So, I plan to get a totem support gem, and link it to either fireball or firestorm. I'm leaning to fireball with multiple projectiles + elemental damage to make up for the loss of dps from the other 2 support gems. I've also chosen the extra totem passive so I can summon 2 at a time.

4) Finally, I will be shooting fire from my fingertips like a mad man whilst my minions and totems are on the front lines firing away.

This is currently what I have so far:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUBAIpUSwCWxecEIzBkCMtVKgsK0lkRxEu8E2sjvhUh4QQWCb_SF-8Y3hpJ8EkakfLaKkMvETK9ZtY268VUOmnf7jrcqhVLBiVrVchswFYlF_9iEhoWYhby42URcrVlpIcJZ-ky1GfuCep3rHErfIbKGXzAId5_qsge_oviruVj0FSb8CrFmS1ht7EoYKO49X_t2ZuoEsBw9JaGc4sP5K_cDthmqSXrYAuNg4Yb2stBHRG9-6lx-JMbnLHb0_bDBzLn0pEnCq129y71Lbu8qduWaubWqteSgK3YxiETAvxzusLN2qjGzvf172ca7AKt6XGuRxHwihEQ4Z6Thx9-80d3GKtlVdKB9mBMWecoRZjFo5v_P3ojF-EUD_8opQ6JzUoCPu0Esb500Nc=

Concerns:

1) Main concern is my skill tree. I know I need some more defensive nodes, but I'm not sure which ones I should take. Also, what weapon should I aim for? Should I go for a 2h staff or a wand/scepter and a shield? Finally, I see passives that increase staff/wand PHYSICAL damage. Should I avoid these nodes or do they somehow increase my dps?

2) Do +fire damage nodes increase the explosion damage of my minions?

3) With anger, wrath, and hatred on, do my minions do all three elemental damages with 1 hit? Or does each hit randomly get assigned a property and it's better to just use one elemental damage aura?

I appreciate any feedback, and I'm really excited to get started on this build.
Last edited by HustlerOne on Aug 10, 2012, 6:30:20 PM
4Q - Yes, u will able to summon another totem! 2 Total.
Haha thanks for confirming that. I was like 99% sure, but I wanted to ask to be sure.
Last edited by HustlerOne on Aug 10, 2012, 1:31:17 AM
OK, so I finished out my passives for level 63. Having never played Templar before, my biggest concern is if I have enough defensive nodes, so I'd really appreciate some feedback on my skill tree.
Try to take Lord of the Dead ;] +2 zombies ;]

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUBAIpUSwCWxecEIzBkCMtVKgsK0lkRxEu8E2sjvhUh4QQWCb_SF-8Y3hpJ8EkakfLaKkMvETK9ZtY268VUOmnf7jrcqhVLBiVrVchswFYlF_9iEhoWYhby42URcrVlpIcJZ-ky1GfuCep3rHErfIbKGXzAId5_qsge_oviruVj0FSb8CrFmS1ht7EoYKO49X_t2ZuoEsBw9JaGc4sP5K_cDthmqSXrYAuNg4Yb2stBHRG9-6lx-JMbnLHb0_bDBzLn0pEnCq129y71Lbu8qduWaubWqteSgK3YxiETAvxzusLN2qjGzvf172ca7AKt6XGuRxHwihEQ4Z6Thx9-80d3GKtlVdKB9mBMWecoRZjFo5v_P3ojF-EUD_8opQ6JzUoCPu0Esb500NeCqinEp5h6kVP66K_Av8vIaMVAGeIy-3VmEqju
Last edited by Szakal on Aug 14, 2012, 2:21:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info