Loadingscreen - Unable to file map - death despite loading instance

First of all, the "unable to file map"-problem i have has been discussed (f.e. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/37179) and won't be adressed here.

The problem i ran into was dying whilst being stuck in the loadingscreen for the dunes-map. I waited about 20 sec or so, then alt-tabbed to see the error message. I logged back in and had 15%xp less (which is about half day of playtime at lvl 77).
This is either a bug or a design flaw.

.) Issue 1: the instance loaded and mobs were able to attack me (they were probably too close too the portal [it was the exploding seewitch spawn if it matters])
.) Issue 2: i assume i was invincible for 10sec in the instance, so i must have been this amount of time in the instance plus the time it takes to kill me
.) Issue 3: After relogging and entering the map i nearly got instagibbed due to a swarm of seawitchspawn waiting for me

The problem i see is that this issue could probably kill your HC character without you being able to do anything against it.
I played default and "only" lost 15% xp, it is still frustrating because there is nothing to prevent it except Alt-F4 (and i'm not gonna do that if the loadingscreen seems to take too long...)

EDIT: Typos, if u find more then keep them...
--EDIT1: i make a lot of typos--
--EDIT2: english is not my native language--
Last edited by ThePlanckEpoch on Aug 9, 2012, 7:44:55 PM
We're going to be fixing deaths while actually on a loading screen, but hopefully we'll be able to remove crashes that get you killed this way as well. Sorry for the pain inflicted upon your character, but we're going to be taking steps in future to minimize this!
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info