Last Resort (Low Life claw) theorycrafting

The big part about this claw isn't the phys damage honestly - you can get that really quickly through the skill tree. The 25% attack speed is great, as well, but...

100% accuracy increase is absolutely massive.

Accuracy not only plays a role in chance to hit, but chance to crit as well.

This claw does save a lot of nodes and I would say its justified if you can spec it, it just costs a lot.

Double strike is the only viable skill I see working for this though. But on that note, I did have an idea of low life 1h ground slam or leap slam because it only uses the main hand weapon.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
I can tell your right now you won't have the mana or life to sustain the fast attack. I'm currently in the process of testing how evasion stack up to physical resist. Evasion comes well short because it can't dodge spells and the passive tree design made the matter worst.

Last Resort is one of the most OP low level weapons in the game. If you want to fast lvl from 1-20 get two last resort. I killed normal Brutus in 10 second or less probably five. Merveil in 25 seconds total. They cost 1 alch or less.

Melee Shadows has a lot of problem namely life and mana. Two of the most important thing in the game. It also lack good resistance nodes which make it a very poor choice to go evasion. The sad thing, a lot of good evasion nodes are base around Shadow starting area. Go figure right?

With Frenzy + melee splash + blood magic + reduce mana and 36% physical life leech (from what my character sheet told me with two Al Dhih) I was killing myself without taking any hits from the mob. I currently using Mightflay knife which make it even worst at lvl 37. One or two shotting 30+ melee mob between 1-3 lvl above me in cruel. All the damage done to me came from my blood magic not the mobs.

I get 1-3 shotted on full life fighting a spark boss. My negative resisst and can't dodge spell is the death of any evasion build. This never happen with my Marauder leap slam shield melee.

If you want attack speed try Brightbeak. With blood magic at lvl 24 I can almost killed myself within a second or two using dual brightbeak (frenzy + melee splash + blood magic + multistrike).

Brightbeak is probably the best single handed melee weapon between lvl 20-35. The best between lvl 20-26. Cost around 1 alch.
Last edited by deadlylag on Jul 8, 2013, 5:36:11 PM
"
BearCares wrote:
Oh I played it bad huh? Do you think I wasted an entire level 64 character respec just to try out bloodseeker + bearhead? I listed ONE of the possibilies that I experimented with. But you know what go right ahead, and waste 20-30 hours making a build that's total shit = be my idiot, I mean be my guest. But know that some of these diamond supporters have a twisted sense of humor when it comes to uniques. When making them, they don't always have your best interests in mind.

Getting a claw means you PROBABLY want to take a detour around the duelist area to hit his basic melee buffs for range, attack speed etc, THEN you PROBABLY want to make another detour to get Iron Reflexes. Ok, now your level 20 and haven't gotten a single ES node yet. And since your destinatino is low life build, you'll never reach out for the CI promised land to make up for this.

I tried to warn you. But go right ahead.

gl hf

I never said you played badly, I stated what I think are problems with the build you shared. There's really no reason to be hostile.

When it comes to leveling the character for this I don't recommend specializing in energy shield early on. Like with Chaos Inoculation you'd want to get life nodes until you reach a high enough level and have good enough gear to respec into energy shield nodes.
same name in-game
"
TheuberClips wrote:
The big part about this claw isn't the phys damage honestly - you can get that really quickly through the skill tree. The 25% attack speed is great, as well, but...

100% accuracy increase is absolutely massive.

Accuracy not only plays a role in chance to hit, but chance to crit as well.

This claw does save a lot of nodes and I would say its justified if you can spec it, it just costs a lot.

Double strike is the only viable skill I see working for this though. But on that note, I did have an idea of low life 1h ground slam or leap slam because it only uses the main hand weapon.

Yup, that's really what makes it so good. And you're right, it's a hefty amount of skill point and gear exchange but I think with the way energy shield can be amplified nowadays it's probably worth it.
same name in-game
100% increased melee physical damage is only actually going to translate into +25-33% increase in damage long run.

The attack speed bonus is likely to be something along the lines of a 15-18% increase in average damage(since you will have other AS).

By contrast Last Resort's base damage is pitifully low late game, so you're basically trading away half of your total damage. 1.175*1.3*.5=.76375. So you basically in total lost about 24% of the damage you would have had if you'd juts used a real weapon in your off hand. The Steroid granted to the main hand isn't even close to being worth the sacrifice of the off-hand weapon's DPS. And that doesn't even account for the fact that there are off-hand weapons with good DPS that also grant global bonuses(If not as many as Last Resort).

It's really unfortunate, but the fact of the matter is that weapon base DPS is so bloody essential for any phys attack build that any weapon with less then 150 base DPS(Last resort has about 20) will never be worth using late game for said phys melee character.

Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Yes, disregarding the 100% claw physical mod, you could use any of the weapon locked skills.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
iao wrote:

3. Are you using Shavronne's Wrappings? There's really no reason to make a Low Life melee character if you don't have one.

75% Chaos Res
Lowlife 550/1850 Life
3100 ES

Played this succesfully on 69-72 maps

Believe me, you DONT Need Shavronnes for low life builds...

Last edited by xdjamakx on Jul 12, 2013, 2:18:45 PM
That's probably true. The post had a lot of exaggerations in it, I'm not sure why I wrote it like that.

By the way guys, I'm not suggesting using the claw in skills at all. I'm suggesting leaving it in your off-hand and using your main-hand weapon for Double Strike.

As was said, Last Resort's late game damage is absolutely pitiful. The point is to use Last Resort to apply its low life bonuses to an actually good claw.
same name in-game
Did you ever finish up you analysis on Last Resort buffing up a main hand claw Double strike build?

I have been Googling and this was the best thread for advice.

Rare Dagger with Double Strike+More Physical+Full Life Phys+Multistrike(+Anything+Anything)

The shear raw damage from that would be way intense. With Herald of Ashe, melee splash probably is not necessary (super randomized Infernal Blow basically).

....I ask because I my EK sucks and I rather just use my respec points for something bizarre than a trapper build.
you fools in this post, i use this and viper strike since most of the damage gets converted to chaos and the aps beats out other weapons. Additionally taking blood-rage with the chaos resist nodesyou will out dps most claws for a single chaos worth of investment and self found gear. you wont be needing Shavronne's at all. if you can afford grab a mings heart witch is pricey as hell. however this can get really really expensive when you realize you need spell block, high es and essence reaver.

throw in melle splash to posion entire waves in one hit and retreat.
Last edited by chrisluissanc on Sep 26, 2014, 2:38:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info