Last Resort (Low Life claw) theorycrafting

Dual Claw CI has become a fairly popular build across many class subforums, so I thought might be more appropriate to write this here. Plus, I want this to be known across the board so we can all theorycraft together. :p

There's a claw that, well...

-provides some pretty hefty bonuses for those on Low Life™. I just realized that the three modifiers seem to work as globally, not locally. It's a set of increases perfect for a critical, physical claw build. Edit: I posted proof of it affecting the other claw being wielded in the third post.

What I think this is perfect for is a Double Strike Melee Splash build. Double Strike only uses your main hand, so you can have a great claw equipped there that takes huge benefits from Last Resort in your offhand. This clearly demands the use of Shavronne's Wrappings, which is something I'll probably never get my hands on.

Double Strike + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage + Added Fire Damage + Increased Critical Damage + Power Charge on Critical (supports ordered by importance)

Here's a potential passive skill tree route designed like many modern dual claw builds built for Onslaught and Anarchy.

As for auras, you'd probably be able to manage Hatred, Discipline, Purity, Grace, Determination, but probably no others.

In case you haven't noticed, I'd like to hear what you guys think the potential of this unique item is and the best way to set up a build revolving around it. Could it be a possible contender to other similar builds?
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Jul 1, 2013, 12:39:36 AM
Low Physical dmg, Low APS, Low crit chance. Even with bonuses on low life it provides, still too weak. Just a lvling weapon, EoT.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Jul 1, 2013, 12:29:55 AM
Woops... 'Forgot about the actual proof of it affecting the main hand weapon.

"
CookieVortex wrote:
Low Physical dmg, Low APS, Low crit chance. Even with bonuses on low life it provides, still too weak. Just a lvling weapon, EoT.

You're not using the claw for its damage, you're using it to boost your main hand claw's damage, attack speed, and accuracy rating by hefty amounts.
same name in-game
The damage increase doesn't add up though. From the screenshots, it seems 100% Claw Physical Damage is only a 15-41 damage increase from your 32-90, so 50%?

Assuming your main claw is white and you don't have any other physical increase. But you would need at least another 100% from that for it to match.

Then again, it's not really viable since it's not exactly 'More'.
Last edited by Obscurin on Jul 1, 2013, 12:48:33 AM
In that build I already took a bunch of damage passives for the hell of it, this is just a character I was using to play with a friend in Standard league.

The increases add up with all other sources of increased damage, attack speed, and accuracy rating. The benefit of that is you can focus more on other passives instead of having to get 100% increased accuracy rating and claw physical damage and 25% increased attack speed, which might cost around 20 nodes.

Edit: By the way, if you look at the DPS differences, I go from 216.1 to 463.7, so more than doubling it even though I had near 100% increased physical damage from the passive skill tree already. The Low Life version was being affected by Hatred though, so I'll make some better screenshots.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Jul 1, 2013, 1:17:13 AM
72% from tree and the main claw has around 28% increase physical? That adds up I guess.

The DPS doubled due to Hatred and the increase attack speed.

Might work with Cyclone, but probably not the best for that.
Last edited by Obscurin on Jul 1, 2013, 1:37:03 AM
You don't want to have to use the unique claw for its own damage, you want something (Double Strike) that specifically uses your main hand weapon only. All other usable skills alternate weapons or combine both because it's their default for dual wielding.

Here are better, more comprehensive screenshots with a character using this passive skill tree route:

Normal
Low Life
same name in-game
Now I want to try this.

I've got a Bloodseeker.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Seems like you are missing a 20q Blood Rage.

Multistrike on that Double Strike.

And things will die!
I think the main problem with this claw is that you are going to be really close to the witch/shadow area. You are so close to CI that grabbing that and using Melee Damage on Full Life will give you more damage and more survivability, and you will be able to use a 2nd claw or a shield.

If you wanted to use this weapon effectively you would have to make use of other low-life mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info