[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
Meekrob3 wrote:
I appreciate the guide, but you might want to rewrite the merc bandit part. It makes absolutely no sense.
"
What can say... you won't be using any charges at all so killing all bandts would be the right decision. Helping Oak is the best choice in Merciless since you'll be casting Enduring Cry with your trigger support gem.

Ah you are absolutely correct!. Thanks for noticing, i'll fix it right away
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
love the build! ive managed to get a BoR by finding a Bereks Respite and Tabula Rasa during lvling the char.

Few questions:
1/ as a BoR build, my block is at 74%. Should i get the remaining 1% (via 1% block and 40% block recovery in the aegis cluster)

2/ should i drop a point in the 30% increased shield defence for more armor? (i am also using the lionseye remorse; running bloodmagic inferno blow and determination and hatred)

3/ should i get the endurance charge near the templar (but need waste 2 pts for strength) or just put them in life nodes (i am at a little over 4k life)

4/ which node to target next after filling all 103pts?

thanks!
@zeella

1. Don't bother - 74% is enough.

2. The 30% increased shield defence nodes are pretty cool... but i never used any...

3. I wouldn't waste 2 points for strengh + 1 point for the node just for one Endurance charge.

4. Well - more life and armour.. that's all.. you can take shield defence nodes too. Getting to the Purity of Flesh circle might be a good idea ( very nice life boost and chaos resist )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
So one question im doing this build in nemesis but i see you are not using vaal pact.

I was thinking that thats a keystone i really need to survive.

If i need to pick it up when should i .
In my opinion there is no point of picking Vaal Pact because you can't have enough Life leech... a guy already tried that... it doesn't work well ( check out few pages back to see his posts )
Well one thing i know many ppl die from is reflect packs, That should be a big problem right ? without vaal pact. Rather sacrifice dps to survive or am i wrong.
Well i've never died to a reflect packs.. it is impossible to die to physical reflect maps too... don't forget that you don't crit and that reflect damage CAN be blocked and that the physical portion of your damage is not that big(due to infernal blow, hatred and added fire damage). For elemental reflect maps.. since you are in a hardcore league you might want to skip these .. just in case.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 25, 2014, 8:53:37 AM
Alright thanks for you tips. Gonna try it then :)
Korgoth, I could use some insight. Great guide, following it for quite some time, but since being poor, it was only recently I got my hands on some of the needed items.

But still, I'm at 14k dps in town (17k with hatred). Using infernal in 5L chest (not using faster attacks). Also my facebreakers aren't legacy (795%). Beside that I have abyssus, meginord's, some phys. dmg on rings and amulet. You guys have 30-40k dps. Can really better facebreakers (150-190% more), faster attacks and gem levels (I have mostly lvl18-19 non quality gems) do such a huge difference in dps?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by relbmaR on Jan 26, 2014, 1:42:32 PM
The quick answer is - Yes!

For example the difference between 5 and 6 links ( with my gear ) is around 10k !

The difference between 1000% Facebreakers and 800% Facebreakers ( again with my gear ) is around 7500 ...

Add more physical from your jewelry, 20/20 gems, level 20 Hatred ...

So yea all this makes the difference between 17k and 45k :)

But don't be discouraged .. you'll get there eventualy!

Good Luck! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info