[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Thanks for replying!

I definitely see what you're saying, and that all makes sense when you have the gear that you do. Right now, I've got:

and

Which I realize isn't the best, but I won't be able to afford a Lioneye's for a long time, as I spent all my currency on the Abyssus.

I also realize that the life regen on that would be wasted with Vaal Pact, but that would be 4% of damage leeched instantly. And my DPS is already 10.3k in act two of Merciless. (really wish I had legacy facebreakers!)

With it being four points away to get Vaal Pact, I could remove any of the life regen nodes, try to focus those more on total life and block and try it out. I think I'll do some testing with this gear and just see how my survivability looks, because it should be easy to spec back out of if I need to.

I'll keep you posted.
As i've always said i applaud and strongly encourage anyone to try and see for themselves how certain things work and test their ideas.

Just another note about life builds and Vaal Pact that i've forgot to mention.
Sometimes when you get out of combat and you wasn't able to leech back to max life you might be at risk because you can't use flasks too. And that's the reason why Vaal Pact is better in ES builds because you still recharge ES out of combat. Just keep that in mind.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 13, 2014, 2:34:58 PM
Honestly didn't think of that, great point.

We'll see how that works!
So I did some testing on Piety runs...the short story is it doesn't work.

Even with the crazy damage I do, you just can't leech enough life back with < 10% leech.

Luckily, it was only 4 respec points to get back out of it :P

If you invested more points into leech though, it might be viable, but then you lose a lot of other defensive points. Overall the constant regen from normal life leech is just superior to Vaal Pact with my gear/build.
Awesome guide and build, enjoying playing it atm at my 62 duelist.
Thanks and keep up the good work!
Great build and very detailed , i have fun with my char , but those right ring and amy are impossible to find ;)

Would death oat chest be a good armor for the build , as it seem to rise the dps by much , and what would be the best way to counter the chaos dmg/sec?
Last edited by vulpina on Jan 18, 2014, 5:56:07 PM
Hi,

First of all, thanks for the build and the passif points for the marauder.

I am currently lvl 48 marauder with 1400 dps for 2200 life with middle items, but i found a tip that could help you all.

Use SMOKE MINE.

= > http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Smoke_Mine

Why ?

- More mobility
- surprising effect for PvP
- 100 % Blind on BIG AoE, all the time
- Help you to discover map by posing a smoke mine in back, go in front and detonate the mine to back.
- Great survival system, coz, in more that it give 100 % luck to blind, for 100 % of time and cast 5 mine of them and give you a free TP skill, it also build a MEET shield by detonate the mine while you have summons some sumons with dominating blow .

Also tryed it with my summoner, it's work same, when you detonate the mine, all your zombi come to you and make you a powerfull meet shield.

Well, by using it i don't feel in my mind the lack of mobility and so i will swap my Brightbeak war hammer's for put a Saffel's Frame in order to keep mobility and to have more survival aggain caster by switching between lioneye's remorse for melee fighters, and switching to Saffel's Frame for caster's.

I hope i could give you a tip that will help you all,

Well have a nice day and thanks aggain. :)

Kringhar, softcore.

PS : For the guy before me who asked about Death's oath :

Not realy good coz if you don't have Rain, you ll need at least 5-6 slot, and price for it is much more worthing that a rain witch is more powerfull.

Also the chaos damage in merciless is not enought to base your damage in.

Whereas if you realy want to follow this idea the only way to delete the chaos damage to you is to play in CI ( Chaos Innoculation ) who make you immune to chaos but give you only 1 HP, so you'll be obliged to play as ES char, in this way go for Aegis Aurora

=> http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aegis_Aurora

But with our build you ll have not enought ES to make it viable, no ES from helm, no ES from chest, no ES from gloves except 10 ^^ so you'll only have shield boots and passifs so you'll have some nods usefull to kick for low chaos damage.

Well i hope i could answered you :)

Kringhar, softcore.
Last edited by Azure41 on Jan 18, 2014, 8:09:15 PM
About the Death's Oath
The mods on the armour are nice but the 450 haos damage taken per kill is just terrible... it's hard to stack chaos resist and even with capped chaos res it's still not ignorable.
The degeneration aura is... well.. it's useless in Merciless +
Besides good rare Astral Plate > Death's Oath - more life, more resists, 6Linked chests are cheaper.

For a CI version of the build ( i have one it's linked in the first post ) you just can't use it because you'll lose alot of Energy Shield.. and that's not acceptable.

About the Smoke Mine
Indeed it's a good defensive tool. So if you are into such stuff and type of gameplay - then use it!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
some guy said ro me that you dont need CI for the death oat , max chaos resist and some life regen , the dps boost is huge he told me he get up to 66k .

I looking to squeeze the most dps from that build , if you have any tips for reaching that much dps ?
First of all, stack chaos res is hard and cost a lot, also i don't think all this price worth the add to 450 dps, also in AoE it's not a problem for this build, i'm now lvl 55 marauder in act 2 merciless and i still kill pack in 1 hit, it's more for single target that i need more hit's, also with a RRRG facebreaker ( for my aura's in few level when i'll have my rain RRRR ) i don't use multi strike 20% so it will be an amazing boost of damage in few lvl.

Also if you realy want to focus in death's oath, look at this build that the operator made :

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/721568

it's more usefull to use death's oath in my mind, and if this build wasn't to slow ( movement ) so i'll do it in the following minutes ;)

Well, ask you the question that what you want to do ;)

Also, The bringer of rain don't need chest and if you play abbysus + death's oath i think it's a bad way to stay alive...

I hope i could help you :)

Kringhar, Softcore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info