[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
Paion wrote:
Thank you very much for this thread, updating it and being so informative with it.

1.2 very much feels like a buff to my Facebreaker.

This is what I have managed to get together for it so far:

I am sure there are things I can do to improve the character but I feel very powerful and mostly very tanky. The main drawback to this build for me is lack of mobility. I wish I could use flicker stike, whirling blades or leap slam to get around faster. Oh well..

Kudos on the build and thread. +2

Carnage heart, daresso shield and goldwyrm are terrible for this build.
You can use lightning warp to teleport over obstacles.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 22, 2014, 10:54:22 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:

Carnage heart, daresso shield and goldwyrm are terrible for this build.
You can use lightning warp to teleport over obstacles.

This is just the gear I have. I have maxed resists and feel tanky.

I initially took the Goldwyrm to help max fire resist and much needed mana regen. At the time it really made the build more playable since I was running out of mana constantly before.
I just swapped to a Blood Magic gem on my Infernal Blow which allows me to run Haste so I no longer need the mana regen and I will look for better boots. The IIQ was nice though.

Carnage heart might be terrible but for now it is just what the doctor ordered. Without it I would need to use a few lower level skills because of the +40 attributes I get from it. The resists are needed with the gear the way it is. The 10% life leach feels incredible too.

The new build I have more than enough block and no need for that Tempest Shield so I will indeed replace that with a Lightning Warp for some mobility. Thanks for bringing that up.

Running Hatred and Haste I am left with ~75 mana to cast so it's good the only secondary skill I really have to cast is the Vaal Cyclone every so often. I just realized, I might not even need the Life Leech gem in there. Might have to go with something else. Added Fire ?

I do also need to look at my flasks...

My main attack, Infernal Blow, is doing ~13.7k dps. For single target I swap in Added Fire instead of Melee Splash and get ~18.5k dps. None of my gems are maxed out yet or quality so I really feel strong.

It's so much fun to blow up the entire screen with one hit.
Hideout of the Week: Joe Schmoe VS. The Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuAWFPgcdQ

Still available in Standard.
You are welcome to see it for yourself anytime.
Last edited by Paion on Aug 22, 2014, 12:53:23 PM
Haste sucks for this build. Don't bother.
Carnage heart and life leech gem? You have better options here.

I tried the new curse poacher's mark but it didn't impress me. 3 nerfed frenzy charges add negligible damage. I only leveled it up to 5 though. For use with cwdt lvl 1.

Perhaps self casting at a higher level the life and mana on hit amount to something. The flask charges are always nice though.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 22, 2014, 2:55:57 PM
I made a few gem changes. Life Leech gem is gone. The boots have to stay for now until I can get several pieces that work to make up for missing resists.
Spoiler
Hideout of the Week: Joe Schmoe VS. The Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuAWFPgcdQ

Still available in Standard.
You are welcome to see it for yourself anytime.
Last edited by Paion on Aug 22, 2014, 4:34:26 PM
what's the safest hc version of this build? i was thinking marauder infernal blow
Last edited by ishmael_ on Aug 23, 2014, 1:16:34 PM
what do you mean by safest ? Which class to choose? If that's your question then the answer is : It doesn't really matter. Both Duelist and Marauder have pretty much the same survivability while leveling and the same survivability (and the same trees) in the end-game.
If you ask for a tankier build for HC .. well the build is as tankiest as possible with everything spent on defenses. So there isn't a tankier version of it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
what do you mean by safest ? Which class to choose? If that's your question then the answer is : It doesn't really matter. Both Duelist and Marauder have pretty much the same survivability while leveling and the same survivability (and the same trees) in the end-game.
If you ask for a tankier build for HC .. well the build is as tankiest as possible with everything spent on defenses. So there isn't a tankier version of it.

got ya
Any thought on HOA? I like it so far.

Here's my build as of now in Rampage...

if you have the mana for it it sounds cool ( i havnt tested it yet tho ) but if you are using mana with two 60% auras you just can't use it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
if you have the mana for it it sounds cool ( i havnt tested it yet tho ) but if you are using mana with two 60% auras you just can't use it.

Yep. You have to use blood magic. I am running blood magic :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info