[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Just leveled up from 1-65 and have started mapping and just wanted to say thanks for the excellent guide. It's very well written and covers pretty much every issue that came up along the way. A couple of observations:

1. I would recommend leveling to about 20 with 2h sweep or similar aoe attack, using facebreakers with infernal blow at 16 is very tedious, wait until you can link melee splash + multistrike, then it's much more fun.

2. There isn't much competition for gem space, so I'd recommend carrying around purity of lightning/fire/ice and swap those in when needed, using determination otherwise (although you'll need your reduced mana gem levelled up a bit before you can run both determination and hatred)

3. I find amplify to be really good, I get it and the two 4% increased area of effect nodes next to it early because it makes leveling a lot less tedious.

4. Holy moly abyssus is powerful, make sure you get it. My dps went from ~5.5k to over 14k simply swapping in this one item.

5. I never had enough mana to not use blood magic gem. To use it off mana I would have had to drop one aura and constantly chug pots, too much of a pain (even with 2% mana leech) - so make sure you have a 5L for levelling. Using mana will likely be a lot easier at ~60 because with abyssus you're doing tons of damage, and reduced mana gem is higher level so your two aura's don't take up as much of your pool.
"
GharkMaull wrote:
Just leveled up from 1-65 and have started mapping and just wanted to say thanks for the excellent guide. It's very well written and covers pretty much every issue that came up along the way. A couple of observations:

1. I would recommend leveling to about 20 with 2h sweep or similar aoe attack, using facebreakers with infernal blow at 16 is very tedious, wait until you can link melee splash + multistrike, then it's much more fun.

2. There isn't much competition for gem space, so I'd recommend carrying around purity of lightning/fire/ice and swap those in when needed, using determination otherwise (although you'll need your reduced mana gem levelled up a bit before you can run both determination and hatred)

3. I find amplify to be really good, I get it and the two 4% increased area of effect nodes next to it early because it makes leveling a lot less tedious.

4. Holy moly abyssus is powerful, make sure you get it. My dps went from ~5.5k to over 14k simply swapping in this one item.

5. I never had enough mana to not use blood magic gem. To use it off mana I would have had to drop one aura and constantly chug pots, too much of a pain (even with 2% mana leech) - so make sure you have a 5L for levelling. Using mana will likely be a lot easier at ~60 because with abyssus you're doing tons of damage, and reduced mana gem is higher level so your two aura's don't take up as much of your pool.

You can't use both determination and hatred and run ib on mana leech. You simply don't have enough mana remaining of your mana pool to sustain it. I think this is in the guide somewhere too.

You have two choices as i see it.
Either run ib on blood magic and 2 auras of your choice OR run ib on mana leech and run only 1 aura.

Like korgothbg says in the guide you don't really need anything besides hatred anyway. And you always have the choice of replacing one of your red gems for a red blood magic gem to run a second aura at any time.

I never needed purity auras. I found saffel + fire/lightning/cold flasks were enough. But that's a good idea i guess if you have room for them.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 1, 2014, 3:09:15 PM
It's true that all you really need is Hatred.

But it's not true that you can't use 2 auras and use IB on your mana, it is absolutely doable. With 19-20 level reduced mana gem you should end up with 82-84 unreserved mana ( enough for one cast ) and with enough damage + the nodes that i've already spoken about + mana leech from gear + a mana flask for extreme situations you'll leech enough mana to cast again and again and again as long as you are hitting something you'll be ok.

But i want to say this again - The previous statement applies ONLY if you have close to my gear and stats or better ( i can guarantee only if that's the case because that's what i've tested! )!

I've never really needed Purity of Fire/Lightning but they can indeed be very useful for extra safety vs some bosses.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
HOW TO RUN 2 auras and no Blood magic.

have to pick up a few reduced aura passives, but sitting at 16k armor, 4500 life, 48-49k dps

only form of mana leech.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwFLQz3Fy8ZLhoyG_odFCXfJy8n7SjFMZ4yCTWSNuk8LT0PPfxAoEGHR35KyEw1TeNPfVFgVcZV1lhjWfNeE18_YEthIWTnZU1mnmebbEZuaW6qcH1ybHKpdO12f3gNeu982X31gFaApITZhO-I8YqvjM-PRpkrnleeuaC0ogCkGaZXqW6plavFrKqsr69stfK3Pr2Bvoq-p8APwBrDhsS4xPbFisauxtjKkM9l0NDSTdSP1fji6uNq45_kUeeR6dXvDvAf8wb2SPno-tL7qv4K_o8=
This is a good and safe way for sure although i don't have ANY reduced mana reservation nodes and i still have enough mana ( as explained in my previous post )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
yeah, I like being able to throw 2 sets of punches without popping a pot. I only use one on my person, and save other slot for armor flask.
I also use only 1 mana flask :)
with my internet and the lovely desync almost a must for me to run reduced auras, if they fix desync maybe drop it. just made a 21/20 reduced mana!!!
I use no mana flasks. I use this instead
Adds almost 10k damage for me if i remember right. Should be more for you lot with abyssus and 6 links.

Great vs those exiles and bosses you want dead as fast as possible. Those flasks are really cheap too. Only 1 chaos on standard and they double as chaos res too.

Yes you can run 2 auras with ib on mana leech but 1 swing when desynched and you are out of mana and you have to listen to your charachter say insufficient mana all the time. Also you have to waste a flask slot for a mana flask.

Just to run an aura you don't need. It was not worth it for me.
Desync can be terrible and gamebreaking that's why i'm so happy that i have close to no desync :)

btw these are my flasks:
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info