[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Endurance charges equal effective life but only vs physical damage and on maps with ele weakness (7 charges are 28% to all resistances)

I tend to have problems with the academy 76 boss which is physical damage.

I am thinking of keeping the endurance charge in duelist area. Only 1 point anyway and transform the rest into life and amplify.

Got 40% increased aoe from q20 splash+ib. With amplify it would be 52%. Not sure it will be noticable.
About the Academy map ... i'll say it again ... Saffell's Frame .... the boss uses ONLY spells and with the shield he pretty much does nothing to you.

I don't like Endurance charges because .. yea sure they are resists vs Ele weakness and damage reduction vs phys damage but ONLY if they are up all the time .. and they hardly are .. unless you manually cast EC which is extremely annoying for me.

For the Amplify ... after all it's not just AOE but AOE damage also .. so it's a nice passive.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Experimenting with vaal molten shell also. With increased duration its up 18 seconds. Not bad.
Picked up a few reduced reserve nodes, rocking a
and able to run determination and hatred, only tested for a little bit, ran a 71 map works great. at roughly 48k dps, 16k armor, 4500 life.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwFLQz3Fy8ZLhoyG_odFCXfJy8n7SjFMZ4yCTWSNuk8LT0PPfxAoEGHR35KyEw1TeNPfVFgVcZV1lhjWfNeE18_YEthIWTnZU1mnmebbEZuaW6qcH1ybHKpdO12f3gNeu982X31gFaApITZhO-I8YqvjM-PRpkrnleeuaC0ogCkGaZXqW6plavFrKqsr69stfK3Pr2Bvoq-p8APwBrDhsS4xPbFisauxtjKkM9l0NDSTdSP1fji6uNq45_kUeeR6dXvDvAf8wb2SPno-tL7qv4K_o8=
I don't know if this has been addressed somewhere in the (currently) 125ish pages, so forgive me if it has.

a couple of observations;

The OP advocates Blood Magic but I do not see that gem in his gear nor is it taken as a passive. This is confusing to me. Use Blood magic or not?

The OP advocates Amplify, but does not take that passive. Also confusing, take it or not?

In my limited experience with this build, mana is a pretty serious issue. 1% leech is not nearly enough for me (5% seems to keep things going most of the time)
This has to be taken with gear as the mana leech passive is much too far to reach.

Blood magic would be the other option, making a 5L mandatory however and a 6L not be able to sustain the same DPS as the OP because you'd have to lose something in favor of the Blood Magic. Also eliminating BoR as a helm choice.

As my Duelist isn't high enough level to don the Abyssus, is this the issue for mana leech? Will 1% eventually be enough? because at lv45 I can't maintain the mana draw at all, not even close (yes, he has Mana Flows, but it's not enough).

I have to say, this is a really fun build. I feel it needs some mobility, leap slap maybe, but that's just my personal preference.

"
respwnd wrote:
I don't know if this has been addressed somewhere in the (currently) 125ish pages, so forgive me if it has.

a couple of observations;

The OP advocates Blood Magic but I do not see that gem in his gear nor is it taken as a passive. This is confusing to me. Use Blood magic or not?

The OP advocates Amplify, but does not take that passive. Also confusing, take it or not?

In my limited experience with this build, mana is a pretty serious issue. 1% leech is not nearly enough for me (5% seems to keep things going most of the time)
This has to be taken with gear as the mana leech passive is much too far to reach.

Blood magic would be the other option, making a 5L mandatory however and a 6L not be able to sustain the same DPS as the OP because you'd have to lose something in favor of the Blood Magic. Also eliminating BoR as a helm choice.

As my Duelist isn't high enough level to don the Abyssus, is this the issue for mana leech? Will 1% eventually be enough? because at lv45 I can't maintain the mana draw at all, not even close (yes, he has Mana Flows, but it's not enough).

I have to say, this is a really fun build. I feel it needs some mobility, leap slap maybe, but that's just my personal preference.

Blood magic gem is only used with dominating blow. It's in the guide.
Well you have to use blood magic on half regen maps as well (even with ib)

Bor is not eliminated at all as a helm choice. That's what i use all the time.
I just replace added fire with blood magic for half/no regen maps.

1% mana leech might eventually be enough but to be on the safe side 2% is what you need.

I had this discussion a while back in this thread with a few others here and the author and i think we came to the conclusion that you need 2% in most situations.

What i did when i had mana problems was:

Up mana leech from 1% to 2%
Get mana flows notable passive skill
Get shaper notable passive skill
Use clarity. Start from lvl 1 and see how high lvl you need. I only needed lvl 1 to break even with the skill's mana cost.

Do some testing to see if you're in the clear. My test subject was merciless dominus because he lasted a good 10-30 seconds of constant attacking to see how my mana pool was working.

Leap slam doesn't work in this build unfortunately.

Take amplify very late. Like when you have your 20% quality on splash and ib. You are unlikely to notice it much before that. (My opinion)

I use this gear.
Spoiler

Last edited by kompaniet on May 29, 2014, 4:26:58 PM

Thanks for getting back to this. Sorry I didn't notice that the Blood Magic was for DB, that makes more sense now.

I'll play around with Clarity and mana leech percentages as I level up.

And thanks again for the suggestions.

It really is a fun build. I'm looking forward to Ambush going back to Standard for the sole reason that I have a legacy 990% (iirc) facebreaker waiting for me there. Good times.

I was able to pick up every unique needed for the build (except for the Facebreaker as I had it already) for about 1ex and know I overpaid for the Abyssus, probably could have gotten everything for about 35 chaos.

Cheers!
Forgot to say mana regeneration on jewelry also helps alot.
Well kompanient pretty much explained it all.
I just want to add that mana regen affects mana leech ( i've talked about this many times in various threads )
And by affecting it i mean directly. 100% mana regen = 100% more leech ( so if you have 1% leech you'll leech twice as much )
Before in closed beta the leech was displayed (when you hit something ) as a change in the mana regen ( i.e you have 10 mana regen per sec, you hit something and you have 20 mana regen per sec ) i've tested it and the regen affected the leech ( the same example tested with 100% extra mana regen = 20 mana regen per sec, when you hit something it jumps to 40 )
That mechanic was never changed, but now it's not displayed like that.
A good way to test this is to run a -50% mana regen map and no mana regen map. You'll notice that it's actually harder to sustain your mana in the -50% map and not in the "no regen" map. That's because with the -50% your leeching is cut in half and in the no regen for some reason you don't regen but leech at 100%.

So things like mana flows and shaper have a HUGE... i'd say TITANIC... impact on your leeching.. and the same goes for your mana regen from gear ( although i don't have any and i'm doing fine )

Also don't forget that more damage means more leeching ... i'm doing ok without clarity and just 1% mana leech .. but i have close to the max possible pDamage for the build ...
SO you can't expect to leech enough with let's say 10k ( just an example )

That all brings us to Blood magic gem. it is mandatory for Dominating blow of course, but for most people it is also needed for infernal blow ( due to the reasons explained above )

For Amplify - it is a good passive, but not mandatory, take it if you want or don't take it ... it won't break your character ^^ as kompanient said the aoe increase will be more noticable with 20% IB and Splash.
And while i'm on it - keep in mind that ALL AoE related
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Another reason why abyssus is better than bor. No problems with mana leech with abyssus i imagine =)
I really should start using abyssus. Have been using bor since beta.

Before if i was in a party with someone running haste aura i would run out of mana sometimes. I think i only had enough leech for my own attack speed.

If i activate the attack speed shrine i run out of mana quite fast because of the high attack speed. Not leeching enough to keep up with mana cost.

Enfeeble lowers your damage and also makes you leech less mana as a result. Used to have problems with this mod too.

I like planning my charachters for the worst scenarios. I only cannot cope with the attack speed shrine now unless i am using blood magic.

Korgothbg: Interesting point about half/no regen maps. I never thought about that it's actually easier to handle mana in the no regen map. I tend to just use blood magic anyway instead of a mana flask or two.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 30, 2014, 7:54:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info