[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

level 85

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwFLQz3GS4aMho4Gj4b-h0UJKol3ycvJ-0oxSkuMZ4yCTWSNuk8LT0PPfxBh0d-SshMNU3jT31RYFRJWGNZ814TXz9gS2EhZU1mnmebbEZuaW6qcH1ybHKpdO14DXrvfNmAVoTZhO-I8YqvjM-QVZkroLSiAKQZpKymV6eEqW6plavFrKqsr69stfK3PryfvYG-ir6nwA_AGsOGxBXE9sWKxq7G2MqQ0k3Uj-Lq42rjn-RR55Hp1e8O8B_yL_MG8772SPno-tL7qv4K_o8=

Last edited by bermuda1 on Apr 25, 2014, 11:17:43 AM
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 25, 2014, 12:32:59 PM
that ammy paid 7c.... got a smoking deal. I paid an ex to get the lighting damage on it. I think I am going to try that spec.

Picked this one up too for a 21/20 faster attacks, wanted to try the armor....

12k base only added about 1k armor.

EDIT
Sorry for all the quesions and I am sure it's somewehre in this post of 100+ pages, just took off blood magic and put on added fire damage it goes from 33k-44k damage, how do you manage mana?
Last edited by bermuda1 on Apr 25, 2014, 1:49:11 PM
Mana flows + Shaper + atleast 1% mana leech ( the more the better ) and the occasional mana flasks ( when you desync, vs bosses )

I'm afraid that since you don't have mana leech, no blood magic is just impossible until you are able to acquire some
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 25, 2014, 2:06:07 PM
Just a little update, done lvling up an alt (low life flicker, shav, etc) and manage to get some currency to buy more jewelry. Finally, I had bought myself a decent ring with life, mana leech and some resist. upgraded to gloves at a modest price (lol not gonna pay an ex for 800%), so i got a 790 for several chaos. I'm still sticking with my lioneye's paws, can't say no to the extra frenzy and its innate bonus.

One thing that everyone should know that getting jewelry is pretty essential to make this build start rolling.

I manage to break 5K health and 46 ~ k dps on blood rage (5 frenzy charges), and max resist with endurance charges. Plus, with blood rage, I dont have to worry about getting jewelry with life leech, a big bonus when with high life regen + chaos res (from gear and passives).

that mana leech ring costed me about an ex and a tabula rasa (which i found a couple hours ago). Totally not regretting it.

lvl 87

Spoiler

Last edited by Molochmane on Apr 26, 2014, 6:52:39 AM
pretty cool ring indeed. And that 44% mana regen sure helps alot!
"
bermuda1 wrote:
level 85

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwFLQz3GS4aMho4Gj4b-h0UJKol3ycvJ-0oxSkuMZ4yCTWSNuk8LT0PPfxBh0d-SshMNU3jT31RYFRJWGNZ814TXz9gS2EhZU1mnmebbEZuaW6qcH1ybHKpdO14DXrvfNmAVoTZhO-I8YqvjM-QVZkroLSiAKQZpKymV6eEqW6plavFrKqsr69stfK3PryfvYG-ir6nwA_AGsOGxBXE9sWKxq7G2MqQ0k3Uj-Lq42rjn-RR55Hp1e8O8B_yL_MG8772SPno-tL7qv4K_o8=

Hmm I guess I need to get some boots with health on it and one more ring with health!
Thanks for the gear showcasing guys!! Helps me a lot! Yea! But some question still hovering in my head...
Using blood rage worth it? And what's the level of blood rage I should keep at in order to not let it reduce my life too fast?
I'm currently having around 220 life regen :)
The chaos damage that Blood rage deals to you does not increase with the level of the gem it always stays the same .. so... level it as much as your dex allows.
Now is it worth it? I can't really say ... the life leech is nice, the extra 15% attack speed from the charges is also awesome, but it actualy leaves you with no life regen(if you have enough chaos res) or you even constantly lose life ( if you don't have enough chaos res ) So I guess it's up to you.
blood rage is beneficial if you have the chaos res and clear speed to offset the downsides. But blood rage does have it downsides, that's half-regen modification in maps and it can absolutely kill you. But the solution for that

is this

or

as long you have good resist ...you wont lose damage any damage as a result besides losing some max health. It's really difficult to play maps as it is because our gear is itemized a certain way and getting max resist is hard to come by with facebreaker jewelry , boots and chest.
Last edited by Molochmane on Apr 26, 2014, 4:54:30 PM
I made some changes to my lvl 87 facebreaker duelist. So far they seem to have been for the better.

I took all endurance charge passives so i have 7 charges and changed my trigger gems to:

Max lvl cwdt + max lvl molten shell
Lvl 1 cwdt + lvl 5 enduring cry + lvl 5 warlord mark

Max lvl Increased duration + max lvl vaal immortal call or immortal call

I made these changes to address the issues vs certain map bosses and dangerous map mods.

With this setup i can easily do 74 residence map dominus boss and 74 maze vaal boss and other hard bosses without worrying about getting one shotted. 10 second immortal call or vaal immortal call is excellent and with saffel i am also pretty much immune to spells.

I also replaced added fire with endurance charge on melee stun gem to always have max charges.

I switched out temporal chains for warlord mark. To be honest.. i never noticed any benefit from temporal chains. Warlord mark gives another 4% life leech and 2% mana leech.

Good for those maps with half regen/enfeeble. To leech more mana and life. And in just about every challenging encounter like 76 crematorium boss or some tough corrupting blood rare. Always good to not be reliant on the flasks too much.

I'll report back later and let you know how this goes.

My passive tree at lvl 87

"
KorgothBG wrote:
FOr around ... 12873128736981 time ... Abyssus + 6L chest IS better than a BoR ( yes even a legacy BoR ) and with the prices of the legacy BoR .. probably even cheaper.
Abyssus + 5L chest is better than a nerfed BoR.

Yes i agree but legacy bor is definitely cheaper. I sold a legacy bor for 16 exa. No one would buy for 1 exa more i had it for sale for over a month for 17+ so trust me.

6 link chest is 25+ exa atleast for a decent one so for players on a budget bor is a very good option.

Players should be able to get 5000 life even with non legacy bor. I think so at least. It's a 100 base life loss over the legacy version.

Also lvl 12 faster attacks instead of lvl 18 faster attacks. Just a 6% difference. Not even noticable. Non legacy bor is still very good but not bis if you have abyssus and a nice 5-6 link chest.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 26, 2014, 6:43:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info