[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
kompaniet wrote:

Is path of the warrior really worth getting? Seems like those 4 points could be spent else where for better results.

You say it like the points are wasted when you actualy don't have any other life nodes that you can take right away ( only 1 8% one ) and if you as me you can never have too much Life.

Oh and since you need 20 Dex ( that you gain from the Water Dancing passive ) you can choose a different path that will give you the need 20 dex and will save you 1 skill point.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 12, 2014, 2:00:53 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Is path of the warrior really worth getting? Seems like those 4 points could be spent else where for better results.

You say it like the points are wasted when you actualy don't have any other life nodes that you can take right away ( only 1 8% one ) and if you as me you can never have too much Life.

Oh and since you need 20 Dex ( that you gain from the Water Dancing passive ) you can choose a different path that will give you the need 20 dex and will save you 1 skill point.

Hmm it's the same amount of points but then i can remove born to fight notable passive which will indeed save me a skill point. That 20% increase isn't too useful for facebreakers i imagine.
Well it gives some damage . The thing is taht you longer need the Water Dancing (18% phys with 1h weapons; +20 Dex ) and also 3 +10 str nodes (4 nodes total) intead you just take 1 + 10 str node and 2 +20 dex nodes (3 nodes total)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
So, 40 Life is definitely better than 8% extra life, 1198 vs 1098. 8% All res actually starts to look nice, coz in order to get 12% or 10+1% you spend 2 points. The question is, what is easier to get on jewerly and AR, +40 life or +8% all res. I personally start to lean towards resists, which are harder to come by. Btw, the Berserking node, is it really important? With multi? And faster attacks gem if you have 6L?
2 and 3rd act def skill, coz 18% is lame(u can grab 12% easy nodes if you want), 8% attack not worth it coz it would give you 16% in cost of 3 points and 18% same 3 points with Berserking.
I played around poebuilder and played with what I have, I still have to test the optimized version, but it seems that you are very, very good, efficient and practical in picking nodes.
Like I liked idea of 10+1, but then, it is 2 points away from life and you can spend 2 points on +6, and you'll have +12 for same price but without 1 wasted node.
I will take it on your word that 20% less crit damage is not important, and after I tried to get all those AR nodes, instead of Leather and Steel, I move much slower, and win only 66%AR vs 57%(coz I have to get str nodes instead of l/ar ones near mara)
So, so far actually all your suggestions proved very solid.
Just shout out to everyone, this guy really knows what he is doing...
IGN: Infernalle
About the res/life on gear.

Actualy i find it easier to stack more resists from gear than life. It's true that life mod is often present in an item but to get a high roll.. that's more difficult. On the other hand you can get resists from the base mods of your rings and armour ( astral plate ) but in the end it's always about what gear you own. And don't be afraid to respec something that you no longer need when you get it from new gear pieces.

About the Berserking. To be honest it was more of a test to see how useful it is. It boosts the DPS with a couple of 1000 but is it really that noticable in game? I'm not sure yet. But spending these 3 points on some small life nodes won't be very noticable aswell. So i guess it's up to you to decide. From the looks of it non of the 2 options is better than the other.

And about the crit damage. There are very few bosses that deal alot of crit damage .. actualy.. i can only think of 1 - Lady Stormflay in the Precinct Map (level 76) and those 20% won't make any difference.
"
KorgothBG wrote:

About the Berserking. To be honest it was more of a test to see how useful it is. It boosts the DPS with a couple of 1000 but is it really that noticable in game? I'm not sure yet. But spending these 3 points on some small life nodes won't be very noticable aswell. So i guess it's up to you to decide. From the looks of it non of the 2 options is better than the other.

There is a third option too. Amplify in the templar area for an aoe increase.
Already covered that a few posts ( or maybe pages?) ago :)
So yea it is also good
The thing is about 8% or 40 max life, is that that decision is very expensive, 20 Regrets.

So that's why I am trying to make it a solid choice...
IGN: Infernalle
probably a dumb question but; can this build work without the unique belt girdle? want to try this in invasion but only have currency for face breakers(695%) and peregrine visor; will this work for leveling or will I get destroyed without the belt?
It will work aslong as you have some flat physical damage on your rings/amulet to compensate. But try to get the belt at some point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info