Issues with FPS

Hey, I´ve just bought a beta key and started trying the game. I don't know why, the frames per second are (since the logging screen) arround 15 full screen windowed (1920x1080). I've tried everything in video settings, even lowered the resolution, but it only increases to arround 20 FPS when it is something like 1280x720. Also, when i was trying to make it fullscreen only, it always crashed.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 635M and i've seen people with inferior graphic cards playing smoothly. Its drivers are updated so i don't really know what it could be that is doing this.

Also: CPU i7-2670QM
8 GB Memory

Thanks for the help,

Kyron
Hey, same problem here. I have the same card as you and tried most things, changing settings in the nvidia panel and trying different drivers. Shouldn't I be able to run this game smooth with the geforce gt635m at least on lowest settings with 40+fps?. At the moment im playing with the integrated video card with around 25fps =/

Anyone with a clue here? Is it maybe that PoE just doesn't support my geforce card?
Alot of ppl are having fps problems

Im running it on a low end laptop so i guess i can blame that
4gm ram
Radeon HD 2600 mobility

but it seems that alot of ppl are having the same problem (ppl with i7 / 8+gb ram / nvidia 600ish)

so i guess there is hope for me too... XD

also what i find strange is the game runs normally at 50-60fps most of the time .... and sometimes it starts spiking like mad

also i would like to point out the overheating issue
the GPU starts running at 80+C (causes laptop to shut down)
I have the same issue with the same Geforce 635m. Frame rates are jumping up and down all the time making the game practically impossible to play :( I am using the latest 310.90 drivers. I would really apritiate a reply from a mod, would love to play the game on this machine :(

edit: I am using the dedicated gfx adapter not the integrated, so it cannot be the nvidia optimus problem.
Last edited by arctic7 on Feb 7, 2013, 9:26:21 AM
I also found a threat in reddit concerning this issue http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1829uc/poor_performance_on_a_higher_end_pc/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info