Be careful how you troll!

"
My two Canadian pennies (they no longer are in circulation but I digress),

Making a stupid-ass comment like this, which makes light of a serious situation such as a school shooting, in any forum, online or otherwise, is completely unacceptable.

WE DO NOT DISRESPECT THE DEAD.

Sure we do. FUCK THE DEAD.

See what I did there - now call the fucking cops because your feelings are hurt.

See, I don't agree with this kid or his shitty rant. I will however, defend his absolute right to say whatever he pleases.

"Wait, what did I just drink?" - Socrates
"
mrmath wrote:
"

Making a stupid-ass comment like this, which makes light of a serious situation such as a school shooting, in any forum, online or otherwise, is completely unacceptable.

See what I did there - now call the fucking cops because your feelings are hurt.

See, I don't agree with this kid or his shitty rant. I will however, defend his absolute right to say whatever he pleases.

So you went all Voltaire (well, actually it's Evelyn Beatrice Hall who wrote it) on his ass!
IGN: Gahrlaag
Wiki - http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Move de sync from de bathroom to de kitchen for better flow!
crisis solved.
"
"
Gahrlaag wrote:

So you went all Voltaire (well, actually it's Evelyn Beatrice Hall who wrote it) on his ass!

To the living we owe respect, but to the dead, we owe only the truth.

also

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

-Voltaire

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Oh, and that last one isn't voltaire at all, it's Evelyn Beatrice Hall, as i wrote in the previous post.
IGN: Gahrlaag
Wiki - http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Move de sync from de bathroom to de kitchen for better flow!
crisis solved.
"
"
mrmath wrote:
"

It's just kinda classless to make jokes about dead people. I dunno about you and how you were raised, but maybe you should call the cops on yourself before you take a wrong turn in life. Just sayin. You seem quite enraged.

These days, speech of this kind (joking about bombs, death, terrorism, etc etc) is total bullshit and completely unacceptable. And I'm not one to get hurt feelings (aka Teh BUTTHURTZ) easily, I just don't believe in disrespecting the dead.

That's kind of low of you to even be sarcastic about that kind of an argument.. it's mild-weak at best. Try to think harder next time my dude.

If you had a family member, child, friend that was killed in a shooting, would you honestly say that hearing a joke about it wouldn't bother you? Please try to answer honestly.

De mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est.

Of course it would bother me if someone joked about my dead child. I would also not seek to have that person interred in prison because he upset me.

I mean really, this is ridiculous that we even need to have this discussion - the fact that American citizens (or any citizen of any nation) are being jailed for speech is fucking appalling. The fact that more people aren't outraged that it is happening here in the US is appalling.

We really are the Brave New World come to pass, where all our comforts and distractions have completely negated our will to stop the state from swallowing our freedoms bit by bit by bit.
Cheer on this kid's penal detention today (and yes at 19 you are still very much juvenile in many important ways) - when you disagree publicly with something the government says 10 years from now and they throw you in a box for being a terrorist, remember these days. The slippery slope is not a fallacy, its very, very real and we're all much much further down it than most people would be comfortable admitting.
"Wait, what did I just drink?" - Socrates
Look that shit shit. Completely retarded.

It is in violation of human rights to freedom-rob people because they used sarcasm. You are going to need evidence to do this.

But the lawmen don't always care, they are corrupted.

No one cares that USA attacking whoever they want is in violation of various conventions. The power movers dont give a fuck coz they know no one has the power to hold them responsible.

This kind of behaviour is despicable, when the government is corrupted and abusing it's powers.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
"
fourthx wrote:

Good.

This should happen more often. Fuckwits online running their mouths, thinking they're untouchable and anonymous.

The sooner we have actual repercussions for one's virtual behaviour, the better.

__

And before you go thinking I'm some sort of fascist extremist whateverist, I had the cops called on me many years ago for some of my offensive/reprehensible actions on Diablo 1/Bnet. The allegations regarded death threats and were all but fabricated (I did fuck with the wrong clan, which just happened to have a lawyer in its upper ranks -- how was I to know?!) and thrown out, but for the duration of the investigation my ISP froze my connection.

I was relatively new to the US at the time and was not pleased to be involved with the police so soon into my illustrious existence as a US resident. It was sort of scary and sort of bullshit but you know, I never fucked with any more clans after that.

Lesson fucking learned.

Yes let's arrest people for thought crime.
"We believe - so we're misled, we assume - so we're played, we confide - so we're deceived, we trust - so we're betrayed"
I agree with you insofar as it being distasteful and ill conceived to joke around with such serious matters. It does not get you respect in my book either.

However,

There is an enormous difference between that and throwing away your sense of right and wrong because your emotions are involved in your judgement. Freedom of speech protects you there.

You are innocent until proven guilty, and it is up to the government to prove that his remarks were more than adolescent jokes.

Use your common sense, the one who intends to do this is not going to say it in a game of LoL. These actions are the product of a society in which the consciousness has been twisted and let me show a little something about that.

John F Kennedy, secret society speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM0QY1k9N_M

Transcript: http://pastebin.com/f65d4172a

I will draw out some of it here:

"
This deadly challenge imposes upon our society two requirements of direct concern both to the press and to the President--two requirements that may seem almost contradictory in tone, but which must be reconciled and fulfilled if we are to meet this national peril. I refer, first, to the need for far greater public information; and, second, to the need for far greater official secrecy.

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it�s in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.

"
It requires a change in outlook, a change in tactics, a change in missions--by the government, by the people, by every businessman or labor leader, and by every newspaper. For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

This president was, as i hope you all remember, assassinated for fighting this battle and bringing it to public awareness. This was the last great president of the United states, and the president has since been merely a pawn.

The anti terror law is the embodiment of:

"
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day.

The whole america has still not recovered, since the leaders of the awareness movements are continually being assasinated, and the US is still being manipulated through intimidation, intimidation that causes actions exactly as those descriped in OP.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 2, 2013, 5:26:17 AM
Seek the balance inside yourself, you are a pawn of these intimidation techniques and you react in the way that allow you to be manipulated.

Seek clarity, practice acceptance and forgiveness.

That is my best advice, i cannot easily convince you when you fight with such conviction.
Accept that people are with flaws, and forgive them. Do not look upon one as guilty first, and do not incarcerate them on such stupid grounds.

They are welcome to do a mental check, check his background etc, even though i think it's an overreaction, but they are robbing his freedom possibly even putting them in prison with people who might cause great harm to his life.
I would much rather a kid that said he was going to shoot up a school ended up in jail, joking or otherwise, than have all of our schools become lock down secure facilities with guards armed with fully automatic weapons to prevent against the chance he wasnt joking.

Comments like the guy made are too close to home to be a 'joke'.

He is of the right demographic: young white male, detached from reality mixed with a fascination and admiration of violence, living in a place where high-powered large scope of damage fire arms are readily accessible, near a school.

He fits the profile of the last several mass school shootings. If they put this guy in jail for mentioning a self-described desire to shoot up a school, joke or otherwise, I think it is a much more rational action than putting a tank outside and a locker full of semi-automatic rifles inside of every school in america to protect against the chance he (as a symbol for detached entitled kids everywhere) was not joking.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Jul 1, 2013, 4:17:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info