Failed to connect to istance

Making a new thread to stop bothering Zig.

So as i said, before the 9.11 patch the game ran perfectly. Never got an error on anything.

After that i just cannot play. Everytime i try to enter a new area it just get stuck at the loading screen and after 2-3minutes this error pop up in the bottom-left corner "failed to connect to istance"

Trying to switch from Europe to America doesn't fix that.
Ctrl+Click a new istance rarely work, and in the end i have the same chances of a map to load if i click or if i make a new one.

I didn't touch anything on my pc since the time i could play normally so i'm pretty much lost.

Oh, and it happens on every istance pretty much (rarely on the main camp)
Last edited by Daiug on Aug 8, 2012, 9:08:46 AM
Posted in my own thread same thing. Was sure it was antivirus work, but right now got none and still game freeze at loadings. No errors for me, gonna check America gateway yet but i am almost sure that don't help. Problem persist since 9.11 f
Yeah.

The thing is, it worked perfectly before the 9.11 that's why i'm not sure what it can be :\
Oh one more thing.

When i'm loading i can hear the background noises from mobs/friends.
Would you be able to post your system specs, and what kind of connection you're playing on? It seems most likely that something with your connection is causing a problem, but then it's very odd that it only just started happening with 0.9.11!
Balance & Design
I doubt it's my pc spec or connection.

I tried playing on America and everything works fine there. I only have this problem with the European server where i fail to connect to the istance.

Oh, just to be sure it wasn't only a character not working i tried all of them with the same results: America works fine, European doesn't load.

Ok singapore works perfectly too.

Europe servers hate me, that's the only logical explanation i have.
Last edited by Daiug on Aug 9, 2012, 1:50:28 PM
I get the same error. But, it connects just fine with a legacy character that is in the forest camp and also with a newly created character. Only shore encampment gives me this error.
I only tried this in Europe.

Have you tried creating a new character?
"
Soranor wrote:
I get the same error. But, it connects just fine with a legacy character that is in the forest camp and also with a newly created character. Only shore encampment gives me this error.
I only tried this in Europe.

Have you tried creating a new character?

Yeah. My templar in forest camp doesn't work, the newly created character can't enter the Shore Encampent :\

The only solution is to play on America :\
It sounds like your connection is having a problem with a specific server - That may be something your ISP needs to investigate, if you can find the exact address of the server with the problem? This can usually be found in the Log files in your Path of Exile folder.
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
It sounds like your connection is having a problem with a specific server - That may be something your ISP needs to investigate, if you can find the exact address of the server with the problem? This can usually be found in the Log files in your Path of Exile folder.

In my case: negative. I can definately say it's not an ISP problem. My friend uses the same router as me and he never had a problem connecting.
I now updated from 0.9.11g to 0.9.11h and it's working again for me as well, so you'll have to decide if this info is still of importance. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info