Season Three, Event 1: Descent

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
deadmanica wrote:
where i need to come to enter the race
there shoud be a counter on the top of each event, showing you how much time is left until it starts. (should be correct, and even for all other time announcings if your computer has set the right timezone for you area)

I see some people are already signed to this race, how can I sign too? All three races are greyed out on my login screen, the join buttons are inactive. When I create a new character I can't see any of those leagues but Standard/HC and Anarchy/Onslaught. I'm a little confused...
"
Thoian wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
deadmanica wrote:
where i need to come to enter the race
there shoud be a counter on the top of each event, showing you how much time is left until it starts. (should be correct, and even for all other time announcings if your computer has set the right timezone for you area)

I see some people are already signed to this race, how can I sign too? All three races are greyed out on my login screen, the join buttons are inactive. When I create a new character I can't see any of those leagues but Standard/HC and Anarchy/Onslaught. I'm a little confused...

Normally one can join a race one or half an hour before it starts.
Maybe they fixed it. You'll have no disadvantage that way anyway.
Duelists gonna have a handicap in this? Only class that starts with an AOE skill.
(Yaya, Fireball is supposed to be an AOE too, bla-bla :D)
"
MyH4o wrote:
Duelists gonna have a handicap in this? Only class that starts with an AOE skill.
(Yaya, Fireball is supposed to be an AOE too, bla-bla :D)

As the main prices are given for each class separately inter-class balance is not that important. One could argue however that they have indeed an easier time to achieve levels faster in the beginning. How it plays out in the end should be monitored imo and then adjusted to make the price giving for reached level fair too.
Rules :
Hardcore:A character killed in Hardcore is moved to its parent league.

Should that not be: Very Hardcore: characters that are killed are gone and can never be played again?
"
ben_sphynx wrote:
Rules :
Hardcore:A character killed in Hardcore is moved to its parent league.

Should that not be: Very Hardcore: characters that are killed are gone and can never be played again?

Do you know any HC Player, who seriously is continuing to play his dead Char on Softcore?
I like the idea, that you can die in HC and repeat the exact situation afterwards in SC to get a better player.
Wouldn't be possible otherwise.
Second point is, that especially this rule lowers the "fear" to enter the Hardcore-Player-Career.
Me myself didn't play a lot of HC before. Now i only do!
What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
The rewards i get out of the races for example this one...can i use them in Onslaught?

e: btw...too bad this event is only 1 hour...
Last edited by Razhean on Jun 28, 2013, 7:32:38 AM
"
Razhean wrote:
The rewards i get out of the races for example this one...can i use them in Onslaught?

e: btw...too bad this event is only 1 hour...

Nope, uniques go to HC.
"
SW_Bonobo wrote:
Do you know any HC Player, who seriously is continuing to play his dead Char on Softcore?
I like the idea, that you can die in HC and repeat the exact situation afterwards in SC to get a better player.
Wouldn't be possible otherwise.
Second point is, that especially this rule lowers the "fear" to enter the Hardcore-Player-Career.
Me myself didn't play a lot of HC before. Now i only do!

Good points, but I think ben is only pointing out that the race info is wrong. In Descent races characters and items are automatically deleted after the event.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Normally one can join a race one or half an hour before it starts.
Maybe they fixed it. You'll have no disadvantage that way anyway.

If you play one character then yes, you'll have no disadvantage but if you want to play with two characters (eg. to get exact gem reward for killing Hillock then switching to another character) then it could be a good reason to make characters before exact race ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info