Unable to map file.... while checking resources

So this is a new a one, it was sitting at checking resources for an incredibly long time and then died with unable to map file.

I havnt heard of anyone else getting the super common unable to map file error from the updater before, any clues?
HAIL SATAN!
An additional note, the updater is just devouring ram while "checking resources" 2gbs and counting so far

Edit, it got to a bit over 2gbs, then started releasing ram, then crashed with the map file issue once it was down to only eating about 500mbs or so.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Aug 7, 2012, 6:33:27 PM
A Dev has told me before this is a common problem with 32bit operating systems, Restart the game regularly when in town to avoid this issue they are working as hard as possible.
I do cross-league trading, You are first unless your join date is earlier then mine
Gekindo, yeah im used to the ingame issues related to memory usage, however this is the updater crashing this way, not the game itself.
HAIL SATAN!
Thanks for the report, tramshed. We'll keep an eye out for others with this problem. Does it happen every time, or was it a one-off? I'd suggest running the Pack Check if it happens every time you try to patch!
Balance & Design
Thanks for the reply, and yes it was happening everytime when there was nothing to patch anyways. It started happening after poe crashed. I since fixed it myself by copying the content.gpkk file and client.exe off of another machine. If it occurs again ill make sure to run packchecker and make a copy of the offending files.
HAIL SATAN!
Same problem since the new tree patch

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/43608

Are you with Optus?
Last edited by kurlie on Aug 8, 2012, 2:50:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info