Hard time understanding why i cant tank

Hey
This is the deal i jsut started a two hander marauder which has 75% on all resists and 72% phy reduction on 5 charges and i also use molten shell for the extra protection.
But i go to docks and i cant tank a group of mobs more than 2 to 3 secs.
I have 930 hp and about 50 hp rgn.
Is it because of the level diference docks being lvl 50 and im 45 so the 75% and 72% reductions dont do nothin ?
Help please i cant understand this by the stats page i should be a beast tanking mobs.

Link to current build > http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEsxRNGS4kiyftLdIyiTrYPQ9G103YUFBUSVcNV-JYY13GXz9gbXKpd2J35Xy7fNl9U4FvgziLjIx2jM-Rzp2AnjyiAKyqtoa53bvtxBXE9sbY0iHUj9lh3fPhc-dS7SDvDu988i_2SA==
Last edited by ricardobisa on Jun 27, 2013, 6:11:44 AM
"
ricardobisa wrote:
Hey
This is the deal i jsut started a two hander marauder which has 75% on all resists and 72% phy reduction on 5 charges and i also use molten shell for the extra protection.
But i go to docks and i cant tank a group of mobs more than 2 to 3 secs.
I have 930 hp and about 50 hp rgn.
Is it because of the level diference docks being lvl 50 and im 45 so the 75% and 72% reductions dont do nothin ?
Help please i cant understand this by the stats page i should be a beast tanking mobs.

Link to current build > http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEsxRNGS4kiyftLdIyiTrYPQ9G103YUFBUSVcNV-JYY13GXz9gbXKpd2J35Xy7fNl9U4FvgziLjIx2jM-Rzp2AnjyiAKyqtoa53bvtxBXE9sbY0iHUj9lh3fPhc-dS7SDvDu988i_2SA==

75% of A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT can still be A LOT.
There are no real tank in this game, especially when you are 5 levels lower.
Then that is lame >\
Thansk for the help.
docks cruel with 950 hp? thats your main problem

physical reduction is just an approximation by the character screen, the same amount of armor becomes less effective the bigger the hit gets.

Try improve your hp, armor, and get some life leech on your gear
[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

You more or less have 12 wasted points above that 6% life node passive. Could have used those to get 8 more life nodes that are in the area, because that's what you're lacking right now. When my Marauder was 45 he has about 2.3k hp or so.
You should aim to finish cruel with 2k HP as a melee so that's your main problem.
AH didnt know of that hp|armor for calculating damage.
Il go do that then thanks
Afaik, the tooltip stats are based on enemies of your level (correct me if im wrong!) so they are deceptive.

Your hp is very low however.

In PoE, there is no true spec that can just non-stop tank. Its not like D3/GD for example.
The game is designed so you cant just become invincible.

5 level difference is considerable too. 2-3 levels more and you'll find you can cope alot better!
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
It is possible to tank in this game but its not easy. Invest into block and high regeneration to go along with your endurance charges. Also use granites if you need even more protection.

Block is very very good.

Edit: and yes you need to get more HP. Any and every build needs tons of HP or ES or both.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jun 27, 2013, 6:45:22 AM
I believe tanking is possible in PoE

with Immortal call build, or some high evasion(+ dodge) build with high block.. there should be ways..

I finished Cruel with 1,1k HP Marauder (Anarchy selffound solo) stunlocking everything. But I wouldnt call this "tanking"
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info