Bugs with gem swapping and weapon gem slot swapping (these can be seen as "features")

"Bug" 1: Reduced mana reserved for auras with reduced mana cost support gem.
step 1. support auras with reduced mana cost.
step 2. cast auras.
step 3. remove support gem and the auras still reserve the same amount of mana.

"Bug" 2: Cancelling Righteous fire by swapping items.
step 1. put righteous fire on a weapon slot
step 2. put weapons in the alternate slots
step 3. cast righteous fire
step 4. press 'x' to swap weapons and cancel righteous fire.

bug 1 allows you to support many auras with reduced mana cost without needing to have properly linked items or "reuse" one reduced mana support gem multiple times.

bug 2 allows you to toggle righteous fire - making righteous fire much more abusable for low health high ES builds. ES builds previously suffered from using righteous fire because righteous fire did not cancel until you were at 1 health and you could not regenerate ES under it. Now, with low health, not only do you take less fire damage, but you can also cancel it to regenerate energy shield.

I don't know what GGG's stances are on these "bugs" (they're kind of clever) but I wanted them to be brought to the company's attention.
The first problem is one that we do have plans to fix in future. The second one I'll investigate! It doesn't make sense with how the swapping system works.

Edit: I can't replicate this second problem! How were you able to get it to happen?
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Aug 7, 2012, 6:09:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info