Interesting Observation about crashes

Unfortunately, I and some others have been experiencing occasional crashes during playtime with Path of Exile. This morning I booted up the game to test various spells with totems, and before I could even test half the spells my game crashed.

I won't speculate as to why, but when investigating the source of crashes I would start with the way abilities and their support modifiers, especially totem, produce their effects in-game. There seems to be a delay between using some abilities and having them display on the screen.
i think they have identified the source of the crashes already and working on it, (see chris' post in www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/43826/page/2)

Was there a message when your client crashed? Do you have a 32bit version of windows, as that is currently getting a lot of Unable to map file errors that we're working on a fix for.
Balance & Design
I've had a few crashes recently in act 2, possibly due to the use of more spells. I'm running 32bit windows vista on a laptop (3GB of RAM), and I have the graphics settings on their lowest. Attached is the error message I received.
I'm guessing this is due to not having 4GB of RAM.

Last edited by Galadrim on Aug 8, 2012, 12:19:52 AM
This is a problem we have with 32bit windows systems at the moment, sadly! You can try deactivating sound by adding --nosound to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut Target, that might let you get past the worst of the areas giving you problems, as not loading sound will stop your Ram filling up as fast. We've got fixes planned!
Balance & Design
Thanks for the response! I will try deactivating sound.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info