Is the Elemental Cleave Marauder build still viable in the current patch?

So question as per title. I am currently running the cookie-cutter build, Ground Slam and I am getting pretty tired of it and wanted to try something new.

So this build was made by Krip way back in March and I'm not an avid player of POE but I do know of the recent nerfs that were made in the most current update of the game. What I don't know is what affects does this have of this build?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.
Elemental cleave hasen't been changed at all, it's still as good as it used to be. My lvl 86 Ele cleave marauder ha 18k dps 5k hp and like 12k armor 85% all resist before he died to a -max temple piety. If you invest some currency in some good gear its one of the strongest melee builds you can do imo.
Last edited by stevebrule on Jun 26, 2013, 5:34:53 AM
Thanks for they reply mate. It's just that I seeing the front page of the Marauder forum, I didn't think it was viable as it once was. But now I think I'll try it out.
I am also looking to do the same build, what gems are currently best as the exilepro build dose not include any of the new melee gems. Is it not worth picking up melee range from the dualist tree? What about conc effect?
I took this build to 79 in hardcore pre-patch, and have been using it post-patch as well. Max HP changed of course, but other than that still working as intended. Melts faces really, my favorite melee build by far!

I don't use conc effect (no 6L), and I wouldn't recommend spending the points required to get Master of the Arena. I have modified the build slightly, to include 2x extra Endurance charges as well as the HP regeneration % per Endurance charge node.

I run all the 6 standard auras currently: grace, anger, wrath, determination, haste, purity. I am interested in taking the build to a point where the gear allows swapping of purity for vitality.

The character died recently, and is being rebuilt; however here is the gear he used:

Spoiler

~4k HP with 3 auras on life, 4700 dps, sits around 80% DR with charges and a flask, 80% resist all.
IGN: Asgarin, WithEasy, Hi_Im_Octavius, Of_Sanctuary
Based in NZ: Old school D2 HC (Classic, LOD) gamer.
Last edited by jfkassassin on Jun 28, 2013, 5:32:23 AM
"
jfkassassin wrote:
I took this build to 79 in hardcore pre-patch, and have been using it post-patch as well. Max HP changed of course, but other than that still working as intended. Melts faces really, my favorite melee build by far!

I don't use conc effect (no 6L), and I wouldn't recommend spending the points required to get Master of the Arena. I have modified the build slightly, to include 2x extra Endurance charges as well as the HP regeneration % per Endurance charge node.

I run all the 6 standard auras currently: grace, anger, wrath, determination, haste, purity. I am interested in taking the build to a point where the gear allows swapping of purity for vitality.

The character died recently, and is being rebuilt; however here is the gear he used:

Spoiler

~4k HP with 3 auras on life, 4700 dps, sits around 80% DR with charges and a flask, 80% resist all.

So, you dual wield cleave? Is this better than 2h setup?
"
stevebrule wrote:
Elemental cleave hasen't been changed at all, it's still as good as it used to be. My lvl 86 Ele cleave marauder ha 18k dps 5k hp and like 12k armor 85% all resist before he died to a -max temple piety. If you invest some currency in some good gear its one of the strongest melee builds you can do imo.

Can you post your items or build?
"
thewretched wrote:
"
stevebrule wrote:

Can you post your items or build?

Yeah second this. Could you? I currently am having a hard time understanding how to up my damage by a significant amount. What I know currently is to stack raw elemental damage, attack speed and % elemental damage with weapons.

Currently I don't have all the nodes with elemental damage on my passive skill tree, and I'm sitting at 5k with cleave at 64.

There's a goal I want to eventually reach where this guy does 27500 DPS with cleave. Now keep in mind that his skill tree does have some advantages compared to the Krip's build (the one I currently follow). And by advantages I mean in terms of attack speed, given he uses the Blood Magic keystone it allows easier access to the Ranger's attack speed nodes (two infact). But it is inmy opinion less optimal since he can't run 6 auras, but he manages with good mitigation.

In short, I would really like another example to base my character off.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
I didn't say there was a problem with going with the Blood Magic passive, I just don't see how you can run 6 auras with Blood Magic alone.

Now the 3 auras that can be run on Blood Magic are Anger, Wrath and Grace. Easy stuff.

But the other 3: Determination, Purity and Grace? No way. They're percent auras, so unless you have lots of health then maybe. But hey, maybe I'm wrong and correct if I am.

Although, you did provide me with some respec ideas on how to get to the Berserking Passive. Don't know whether I should give up some life nodes for that or not. Because if I respec to your skill tree, I lose about roughly 22% Life. Now I'm not sure whether that's a big difference or not, but...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info