Temporal Chains map bug?

I ran into an interesting little bug last night while playing through a rare map with the temporal chains curse on it. The curse was working the way it should on me up until I ran back to town to unload some loot. When I came back through the portal, my movement speed was still effected, but my attack speed was not anymore. I finished up the map attacking at full speed with no other issues.

That was the first map I've done with Temporal Chains, so I don't know if that's a common thing or not.
Last edited by Vanquish45 on Aug 6, 2012, 9:26:40 PM
Thanks Vanquish, I'll look into it!

Edit: It seems to be working correctly! It won't show on your character sheet, but the movement speed and attack speed are tied together in the same stat, in that they slow your animation speed. I think the loss of attack speed isn't as noticeable as the movement speed! I'll pass this on to confirm, but hopefully it's just hard to tell!

Edit edit: After further testing, something still doesn't seem quite right, and attack times don't quite seem to add up. I'll test further!
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Aug 6, 2012, 11:38:39 PM
Just a quick update, I found another map with temporal chains today, and this time the curse didn't have any effect on my attack speed at all for the entire time I was in the there. My attack speed is 4.65 per second, so there's no question when it slows down.

I have noticed though that when monsters curse me with temporal chains, it does work the way it should.
Attack and cast speed are unaffected by the global chains curse in maps until the character gets chilled. At this point the chains slowing effect kicks in and remains until the player zones out (the effect doesnt end when chill wears off). I havent checked or noticed if this is also the case for local chains curse.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info