Is it worth the 10 dollars to pay for beta?

One thing to also keep in mind is that you are basically buying points. Not the access to the beta. That is a bonus. So if you plan to spend money for points after release anyway, you can do just do it now and get the key as a bonus.
Is it worth asking that question?

what is $10 today? If you drink you can piss $10 up against a wall in less than 1 hrs. You will get more than that out of PoE.
Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire.....

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

'I rise from the ashes of my own defeat, only to be smitten down again...'
- Some poor soul.
I had a chance to play all I wanted to feel the water for class wise, if the game really spikes your curiosity absolutely its worth playing even with the wipe imminent just to get a feel for your class you have interest in/build.

Its a learning curve you want to tackle sooner then later.

And its less 10$ rather a pre-payment to various cosmetic and other features from the cash shop.
Paying $10 in these conditions make very little sense to me.

1) For an access to a game which probably most players have received for free.
2) This game is still in beta. I never had to pay so far to test beta versions and see no reason why I should start now.
3) I can get a not-too-old complete game with a discount for the same amount of money.
4) The support packs provides no in-game advantages.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, I like the way it is distributed, I have no problem with people buying support packs, and supporters and free players playing the exact same characters is perfectly fine for me. This is just that having to pay for a beta is probably the wrong message to send to the industry. Will we have to pay tomorrow just to check out artworks? At which point exactly become the developers legit to ask a fee from the players in the development process? If the company starts to need money now, what does tell me that they will still be around in 6 months? If not, why should I pay for something that is going to no longer be supported?

I am an hardcore Diablo 2 fan and will have no problem to pay much more than $10 when the game will be completed. But now it is far from being complete and all I will do is just follow the project.
Pay 10 dollars gets you cash shop points or w/e. The key is a free bonus deal until it goes into open beta. They aren't selling you the key, they're giving it away if you are willing to buy cash shop points. If you don't want to do that, you can always just wait for the random key giveaway that gives a key out every 3 minutes or so.
[img]http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/anubis.gif[/img]
No one can tell you how you should spend your money.
"
Daemonjax wrote:
No one can tell you how you should spend your money.

While this is true, the game IS worth playing :P Even at a price.
Yes, it is worth $10. Seriously.

I tried D3, ended up asking for a refund.

All the things I hated about D3 are missing from PoE.
Back in the day and for some players it's farther back than they have a memory for. I remember spending $10 every once in a while hanging around the arcade playing pinball.

In my view $10 for beta access is at least a steal and at most a bargin bin investment.
If you like to play and get your character deleted after, feel free to go ahead and pay 10 bucks for beta.
Aside from that, the game is in a strong shape, good playability.
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info