Is it worth the 10 dollars to pay for beta?

I got 80 or so hours out of Diablo 3, but that game is just really boring. I honestly can't believe I played it that much. So many things wrong with it I can't begin to say.

Basically I know these are the forums and most people here are either for the game, or trolling. But is it worth the 10 bucks? Or should i just wait.
The main reason you should wait is if you get very attached to your characters, since *all* closed beta characters will be wiped when the game goes Open later this year.

Most of us are here knowing that our characters will be wiped but care more about the game's development based on our feedback and interaction with the devs than about mere 'characters'.

So with that caveat out of the way, I really can't think of any reason not to put ten bucks down to try Path of Exile. I can almost guarantee anyone who can spare $10 to do so has spent more money on something they've probably enjoyed less.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
hmm thanks for the reply. I don't know if I want my chars to get erased.. maybe will wait for open beta. Thanks again
If you are really anxious about the game, liked the videos that GGG puts up or other streamers, and just wants to get the feel of the game (including the chars), then $10 is worth it. TOG is still in beta, but you had to pay $60 just to play and find it boring.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 6, 2012, 4:02:25 AM
I think developers put really much into it. When I played this for first time I said to myself "Nice! New Diablo 2". And that is why it is so good. Diablo 2 was good game, but some things were just missing. They created game based on Diablo 2 and improved so much. I definitely think this game is worth 10$. I don't even care that characters will be deleted after this game will go open. I just wanna play it, because it has perfect gameplay.
10 dollars really isn't that much -_-. You will pay that to go see a movie for ~90 minutes of maybe a decent movie. Yes, your characters will get deleted, but to be able to play and give feedback to a community that listens is pretty great. Personally, I like being able to plan out what I want to level first and how I am going to level it beforehand so I don't have to waste time learning when the game does hit open beta.
Ok i will cave in and buy it Wed. Thx
i think 10 bucks is a small price to pay to help support the developers and as a bonus you get to help test the game early! i unfortunatley will probably have to wait untill open beta as i joined in august last year and havent got a key as yet, oh well it will be worth the wait im sure.
Its worth it. to support the devolpers and this innovative game. As a gamer though. Im utterly and completely in love with path of exile. Ill also be supporting them with 15 bucks soon. I love dungeon crawlers and its like this game was made for gamers by gamers. Its not just a game. Its a masterpiece.
We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds. Our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
lol a masterpiece oook now im starting to feel the blood rushing to my

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info