Why Diablo 3 is better than PoE.

"
Euphemios wrote:
There should be an IQ-test to automatically ban kids on this forum.

I guess you would be getting banned too because there's no hyphen between IQ and test.
Nothing like a D3 Vs. PoE thread :P
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
KYINYOUREYE wrote:
"
Euphemios wrote:
There should be an IQ-test to automatically ban kids on this forum.

I guess you would be getting banned too because there's no hyphen between IQ and test.

Lol. PWNED! Regardless the OP needs to get with the idea that we are comparing at the MOST, a $10 game (POE)in closed beta to a supposedly $60 full retail release.

To me, D3 did not even have anything in there that was remotely worth the price. At the most it was an auction simulator with a mini game for in between auctions. I have to say the first "careless" post by (I think) Bashiok had to be closer to the truth than Jay would have us believe. Logically, it would be pointless to have such a large component that has no influence in the mini game. If this were true, than the loot would be more rewarding and why would anyone pay ridiculous price for such things if they were able to get a weapon similar or as good with just a little bit of grinding? Also at that point, why the need for real money?

To me the "always online" policy (along with a careful read of the TOS) makes me believe that that account protection and piracy was a secondary or tertiary objective in their lists of priorities. The main goal was to get a substantial monetary influx (which would have been much more than a monthly subscription). The SP was very short and terribly penned. Only the ingame physics, the solid feel of combat, auto gold pick up and variety in monster skins were of note.

Basically its like comparing prices between the same shirt one with a brand and another with none. Its the brand name that dictates the prices but other than that there is nothing of note.

So yes, for a $60 plus tax game, D3 have been a much much more sophisticated game than POE. But it wasn't, besides the graphics there was nothing sophisticated about D3 other than elaborate plan on releasing an unfinished product and making sure the license agreement rendered any justified critique useless.

I will be frank with you, this game (POE) has a lot going for it. Complexity wise at least. But I am hesitant to call it a great game. Not yet, there are bunch of changes and a possible overhaul in certain aspects and areas of the game that need to be addressed. And right now the closed beta is showing us just the core combat mechanic of the game. So I still need to see when and where the Dev's consider the game complete enough to begin refinements. I am hoping that on release POE will be a much more polished and pretty looking game than what we are seeing now.
"How would you like it if I snuck into your country and did this job over there... and not cash in any of your friggin checks?!! You WONT!! Because you will be right here!!" - Master Shake.
I cracked out on D3 when it came out, not as hard as some, but I did beat it on sitting with a buddy from work. All I can say is d3 was a huge let down. I have been reading and watching all I can about PoE and I am super stoaked for this game. I am just bummed that I missed out on all the open beta weekends due to real life obligations.
You cant compare an unfinished game with a released game.

Alexander
In game name: "FistSlap"
hmmmmmm i like d3 but POE FTW! :)
Looking for Beta Key !
Whats D3?
"The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about" - Derek Bok

http://emberadventurersclub.enjin.com/profile/2898733
diablo 3 :p
Looking for Beta Key !
"
kenrak95 wrote:

Explain this further? Tell me all about it please.
"The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about" - Derek Bok

http://emberadventurersclub.enjin.com/profile/2898733
"
_Detra_ wrote:
"
kenrak95 wrote:

Explain this further? Tell me all about it please.

ur kidding me or ?:D its the Blizzard "Hack'n Slay" Cam out at 15 may this year and its dead played now but its like POE but in better graphic ^^
Looking for Beta Key !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info