loot system is fucking stupid now

so i haven't played in like 9 months and come back and there's this timer bull shit. i open up a chest and find an exalted orb in a group and this guy who was a screen away comes up to me and got to pick it up instantly because it had his name on it while i had this 4 second timer. i just got to stand there looking at it tick down and couldn't do anything.

what the fuck is this stupid ass shit?
"
AngryManlet wrote:
so i haven't played in like 9 months and come back and there's this timer bull shit. i open up a chest and find an exalted orb in a group and this guy who was a screen away comes up to me and got to pick it up instantly because it had his name on it while i had this 4 second timer. i just got to stand there looking at it tick down and couldn't do anything.

Everyone was whining that FFA loot was unfair, so they added this. I personally hate it. All it does is slow stuff down when my friends and I play.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
"
AngryManlet wrote:

Everyone was whining that FFA loot was unfair, so they added this. I personally hate it. All it does is slow stuff down when my friends and I play.

if they remove this stupid 'one person can instantly pick up an item while everyone else watches a timer tick down' then this new system wouldn't be so fucking retarded.
the problem is without the timer you hate so much there is a STRONG disadvantage to being a ranged class. Melee classes are closer to the loot so they get basically 90% of the loot. Timers give ranged classes a chance to get loot that they help to generate.
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
Well do u want 1 person gettin all the currency jsut cuz they can click faster then u? everytime
pick-it bots...

FFA = people make and use pick-it bots to instantly grab loot

any real player wont get a thing.

at least timers give real players a couple seconds to get their own drops.
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
"
Lawlmenade wrote:
Well do u want 1 person gettin all the currency jsut cuz they can click faster then u? everytime

i'd rather someone beating me because he can click faster than me as opposed to someone beating me because he can pick up the item while i have a timer
We have more than enough threads that discuss the current looting situation, not the least of which is on the front page of this very board as of the time that I'm writing this.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info