Loot stolen on permanent allocation?

So today on a dock's run I saw a rainbowstride drop that was allocated to me and I was happy and excited and went to go pick it up and then somehow it got ganked. The party when I looked said permanent allocation and I had plenty of room in my inventory. It didn't even feel like their would have been enough time for someone to steal the drop if it had been on short allocation.

I guess what I'm asking is this: is it possible for someone to steal the loot with some sort of hack etc even though it seems to be allocated to me or whoever?

And if the answer to that is no; could the loot allocation style really be short allocation even though the party says its permanent allocation? It didn't feel like it was short allocation but I know that as leader you can change the style whenever and its applied next time you change the instance...but could you change the loot allocation style mid-map and have someone think its one style when its really another?

Just wondering while I swallow somehow losing that drop...
Last bumped on Oct 30, 2014, 12:10:20 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I've noticed it too with a superior skill gem and a crappy unique. Both counts I had an (almost) empty inv, and item was allocated to me, e.i. it wasnt darkened from the moment it dropped.
seen this a bunch to with random stuff farming ledge and felshrine, even with ID scrolls , who knows whats going on
Yea, the sad thing is it was my item rarity/iiq and culling that killed the enemy. It was a unique superior conjurer boot aka rainbowstride. Why couldn't this happen with a crown of thorns or something. It felt like some pickit crap or something.
yep this has happened to me, a number of times possibly. I was playing with some guys I sort of know and had about 3 things ninajed within a few mins, really? With people I sort of know? How fucking rude, I just ported out of the area and left the group, didnt even say anything, couldnt give a shit about the alcs its the principal, fuck those guys.

Then I noticed it was happening in pub groups with perm allocation on, hmmmm, whats up here? Superior life leech went down, yes, ill grab that in a sec, then its gone suddenly yet everything else in the map is perm, still perm greyed out for me.

I hope this is a bug, cause that means that certain people I thought we had an understanding with are maybe not a bunch of thieving toerags who cant be trusted to come in with my map group circle who are all on the level and can ask for a stack of alcs any time theyre short, they dont need to pinch pennies from me.

Dont get me wrong a love free for all loot but theres a time and a place.

I am wondering if it was actually allocated to a player who was either in town or very far away. So it appears to be allocated to you, but it also appears to be allocated to everyone else at the same time.

Same thing happens if the player that the item is allocated to portals to town or leaves game or after 5 minutes of not being picked up. It will look like it's yours, but in reality, anyone can grab it.

http://guildmedieval.com/
"
dawg6 wrote:
I am wondering if it was actually allocated to a player who was either in town or very far away. So it appears to be allocated to you, but it also appears to be allocated to everyone else at the same time.

Same thing happens if the player that the item is allocated to portals to town or leaves game or after 5 minutes of not being picked up. It will look like it's yours, but in reality, anyone can grab it.

its probably this. This happens all the time..lol
Also, when a player leave the zone, anything allocated to them goes to FFA. So if you see alot of allocated stuff, just hang around after everyone leaves the zone, and you can go pick up what ever you want.
"On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!" - Vigo the Carpathian AKA Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, Vigo the Unholy.

Interestly enough I know that this is not the case because my fiancé and I Play together with monitors literally side by side and it was greyed out on her screen but not on mine.
The loot allocation rules are based on what mode the party was in when the instance was created. If the party leader changes modes later, the instance will not change allocation rules.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info