melee farming spot

Hello,

im sure that many people already asked this, but couldnt find ...

Im a level 64 marauder, finished act2 merciless

75% all res
1310 hp
DW full physical build / stuff
5k dps

HUGE problem : -60% chaos resist...

Could you tell me the best spot farm for my class / level ?

I need to improve my levels despite my chaos resist, and try to loot some resist....

Thanks a lot,
ouis
here are mine (sorted by difficulty and therefore popularity):

1) The Ledge (act 1): crush everything. bring light-res for Kuduku. he can also be avoided entirely.

2) Fellshrine Ruins (act 2): crush everything. avoid rare Rock Golems until you are strong enough.

3) The Docks (act 3): need lots of both fire and ice resist, can be difficult if some rare and champion packs roll. well worth it.

4) Lunaris Temple 2-3: insane for melee, but really rewarding for the most part. avoid Kole. he's a tough fight and just isn't worth it.

avoid the following farm spots due to Chaos Damage: Dread Thicket, Western Forest, and Waterfall Cave (act 2),
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
here are mine (sorted by difficulty and therefore popularity):

1) The Ledge (act 1): crush everything. bring light-res for Kuduku. he can also be avoided entirely.

2) Fellshrine Ruins (act 2): crush everything. avoid rare Rock Golems until you are strong enough.

3) The Docks (act 3): need lots of both fire and ice resist, can be difficult if some rare and champion packs roll. well worth it.

4) Lunaris Temple 2-3: insane for melee, but really rewarding for the most part. avoid Kole. he's a tough fight and just isn't worth it.

avoid the following farm spots due to Chaos Damage: Dread Thicket, Western Forest, and Waterfall Cave (act 2),

OP only just finished act 2 so he probably won't have access to options 3+4.
And I don't know about his build but a friend of mine (DW Duelist with a similarly small life pool) had serious issues in the Fellshrine Ruins due to those archers hurting too much. My melee Shadow didn't have those problems due being Evasion-based and thanks to Ondar's Guile (Arrow Dodging).

But yeah, @ouis: Fellshrine Ruins seems to be your best bet. If you can survive there.
I don't know if I'm the right person to give advice here as I've yet to play my first map, but as I've played several toons to about level 62 I'd say that you would have to at least double your HP pool to be able to get somewhere... Act 3 was pretty murderous for about every of my characters who dared to set a foot therein.
Crit happens.
thanks for your advice

i was actually making runs waterfall wp => vaal

gonna try felshrine right now !
"
ouis wrote:
thanks for your advice

i was actually making runs waterfall wp => vaal

gonna try felshrine right now !

if you just finished act 2 then go act 3 docks...
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
ouis wrote:
Hello,

im sure that many people already asked this, but couldnt find ...

Im a level 64 marauder, finished act2 merciless

75% all res
1310 hp
DW full physical build / stuff
5k dps

HUGE problem : -60% chaos resist...

Could you tell me the best spot farm for my class / level ?

I need to improve my levels despite my chaos resist, and try to loot some resist....

Thanks a lot,
ouis

You gonna have some bad times with that amount of hp. I suggest having atleast 2.5kish hp on a melee char. And like everyone said, act 1 ledge, act 2 fellshrinem act 3 docks (those dogs hurt alot for melee unless you have arctic armor) or starting zone of act 3 after you leave wall (aka vaal), lunaris temple or even catacombs.
Last edited by NagiSoi on Jun 24, 2013, 10:58:50 AM
A very good spot for farm that hasn't been mentioned yet is City of Farm.. I mean... City of Sarn.

It has an incredible mob density, lots of rares and chests, no chaos damage, it's very linear with instance changes at both ends, and the only liability (though it can be a big one, I agree) is the unique boss Perpetus (that uses bear traps and EK). The good thing is, Perpetus is very easy to avoid : just stay on the left hand side and don't venture into the shacks and back-alleys on the right side, and you will never see it (and if you do, use WB to quickly get the fuck away ^^).
Last edited by Ravachol on Jun 24, 2013, 11:00:45 AM
In Act 2 a good spot for your setup would be the Church. Afaik the mob there does not do chaos damage. It's also the highest lvl area besides Dread thicket.

But, man, you have some seriously low HP. And with a melee Marauder?!

My Witch at this point had 1.5k HP and 1k ES. I farmed Fellshrine & Church until was able to get chaos resist to -11 and then moved on.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
But, man, you have some seriously low HP. And with a melee Marauder?!

i guess my passive tree is fucked up : too dps oriented, not enough hp nodes.
cause my stuff is correct i guess, my template must be bad :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwLYQ6tEtkS4RjbGS4aPhv6HOcg8CECIWAl3yftKLUpLimlKvYwGTH7Mgk9_ECgQ5xE51BQU99USVWpVbVXDVhjWNtfP2CIYSFjcGoeajtuaXA-cql07XTxeA15aHuMfLh82YTZhO-Mz5B0l7Sbg565ouqkGagYrKqsurndvoq-p8EExtjZYeRR51LnruoY7w7vTu_j8azyL_ZI9ys=

tell me if you see major mistakes...

regards,
ouis
My personal melee farming spots in the game…
Act 1 Ledge – straight and easy reset
Act 2 Cave in old field – easy mobs and easy reset
Act 2 Waterfall cave level 2 – entrance to WP and back. Easy mobs and easy reset
Act 3 Docks – easy to find a group
Act 3 Catacombs – Zone layout is circular so easy clear and reset
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info