[closed] - Server lag/desync vs empowered mobs

This is a problem that has been happening consistently now: whenever I face a special mob (glows with an ability), I experience desync when they reach about 30-40% remaining health and lasting until they die. After death all issues disappear. I've noticed it has happened consistently in Act 2 in many, if not all of the areas I've visited (Western Forest, Dark Forest, River Crossing, The Forest, Old Fields). I know for certain it has occurred in The Western Forest, The Dark Forest, and Old Fields.

Play-style: On every mob I use my right click to use Fireball, it gets the job done.

-During the desync/lag phase, the Fireball ability will be greyed out anywhere from 1-3 seconds but I can still move around. It does not matter if I spam the ability or kite using it (use->run->use->run etc).
-The enemy mobs can still move and attack but not all attacks will register (judging from my health bar).
-There are times when I 'escape' during this desync, continue to see my HP drop, and I get 'teleported' back to the mob I escaped (not sure if this is a related issue or a different issue).
-Again, this problem stops after the particular mob finally dies.

I apologize if I'm using the phrase 'desync' incorrectly but I tried explaining in case it wasn't clear.
Last edited by thelastdonut on Aug 5, 2012, 9:13:38 PM
I'd like to close this ticket. Judging from various screenshots I've been taking along the way, there is a high chance that the reason I've but unable to attack is due to being low on mana (embarrassing). I was using mana faster than it refilled from potting.

- The 1-3 seconds of delay I was experiencing is about how long it takes for my mana to regen on its own to use another fireball, depending on my equipment.
- The 'being able to attack like normal once the mob dies' part is due to the skill tree, I receive a portion of mana back after each kill.
- Wondering why I could attack normally after a screenshot is likely because of the slight freeze while the shot is taken. I'm unable to attack but during this frame my mana is being restored by pots. By the time I can attack again I have more than enough mana to consume.
- As for why it only occurred against empowered mobs aka rare mobs, they usually have higher health/defensive resistances which made me use more mana than usual amount. My mana would usually be exhausted by the time they reached about 30% health.

- The teleporting issue I mentioned hasn't occurred since the initial night I posted. If it does occur again and I can replicate then I'll post another bug report.
Last edited by thelastdonut on Aug 8, 2012, 7:07:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info