Diablo 3 starting to steal ideas from PoE?

I dont think so.
"
"
Alysma wrote:
"
maligulous wrote:
The only thing I would like PoE to borrow from d3 is goblins concept. That is the only feature I liked in that game. I know there is a treasure mod but I never ever see them.

And, just for the record, that wasn't an original Blizzard idea. Neither were health globes... ;-D

This is where I remember treasure goblins from.

Did they get the idea of no-pants from GA?
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"A visual effect now plays when a Unique item drops."

Just saying.
"
News Flash: Everyone steels concepts from everyone. Shit, most of the concepts found in PoE was taken from the Diablo series...
Yes... the old Diablo series... which was what D3 was SUPPOSED to do... but they FAILED... thats why they haft to take ideas from PoE. (Cuz they failed to use what they had from their old games in D3, but PoE didnt... PoE made them 10 times better.. D3 made them 10 times worse.)

Anyways the game is broken at the core to be turned into what they are trying to right now by copying PoE... Im happy that they are trying but I quess they dont realize that the game is broken at the core... It will allways be a gold farming game for farmers and bots.
Truth is, PoE's combat is fairly lackluster especially when compared to Diablo 3. Blizzard really nailed that aspect of the game. The day Blizzard implements the depth that PoE offers... it will be a great game. That being said, I doubt Blizzard will do that since the current diablo 3 players would not be able to handle that level of complexity. So the maximum they will do is add dumbed-down PoE features.
"
FIreskull wrote:
thats why they haft to take ideas from PoE.

Anyways the game is broken at the core to be turned into what they are trying to right now by copying PoE...

I'm still yet to see a single example of how D3 has copied something from PoE. Where are you people getting this idea from?
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
MissDerry wrote:

note: This isn't meant to be a D3 bashing thread so please keep it clean.

wait, someone still plays D3? :)

but seriously, I think the term "stealing ideas" is inappropriate. there's a pool of stuff many games did, and it's only natural the same concept will be implemented in several games in different ways.

no one holds a patent over crafting whites, or socketing, or loot tiers, or anything else.
in fact, there are a lot of things in Torchlight 2 I wish GGG "steal" for PoE, for example.

it's up to the players to determine which implementation they like better.

Yep.
I like play Diablo 3 sometimes but what?
CASUAL GAMER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info