Build of the Week Video #7

"
Spectruma wrote:
"
Sony_Black wrote:
Awesome build, but doesn't you kinda 'kill' the burn damage when you continue to shoot monsters with burning arrow? Because you give the fire res.... wouldn't it be better to use some other element while they are on fire to keep the fire res as low as possible?

Yeah, I was about to post that as well... It's not really the best opportunity for an EE build.

I've got a similar build ready to test out and I think mine would work better. Also using EE, but as a melee. Also using the spark totem with added cold damage for -50% fire resistance.

And I would run both wrath and hatred auras.

- Simply put: Put up totem= -50% fire res
- Hit the monster with infernal blow. Infernal blow is an attack, so it deals all three elements (with both the auras active): fire, lightning and cold, which disables the activation of EE. Giving me a full -50% fire res on the enemies all the time.

Haven't got time to start this character to test it out yet, I've got so much builds to test and so little time :(.

XD How many of us are triing to make a similar build. I'm working on a spell caster burning ele equilibrium build (BUT it is meant to go into melee range despite beeing a caster ;)) - so we have a bow user, melee character and spell caster all triing to use the same idea :D

My idea: go into melee range hit them with a Shock nova with additional cold damage (-50% fire res), hit them with fire storm or fireball to torch them, another nova to make the fire res go down -50% again while they burn
(BTW: using the Searing touch)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Aug 5, 2012, 7:09:40 AM
This is great, becoming an elementalist is quite tricky as you have to juggle multiple elements at the right time to take advantage of the damage bonuses. But this looks like he's got it sorted!
It's fun but it's looks very uneffective. I feel elemental equilibrium doesn't really help, because the arrows and the sparks aren't alternating. It looks like spamming fire traps would be more effective. Besides it seems accuracy is lacking.
He's struggling to kill white mobs while he's above area level.

I know Chris might have not played it exactly right, but I don't think this build can considered as "viable", especially with its low survavibilaty. I doubt this is able to clear merciless act2.

However, this kind of build should possibly viable, but I would have done it very differently.

edit : he's not using anger, this should be mandatory for this build.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Aug 5, 2012, 7:46:51 AM
"
This is great, becoming an elementalist is quite tricky as you have to juggle multiple elements at the right time to take advantage of the damage bonuses. But this looks like he's got it sorted!

If the player can resist the impulse to spam Burning Arrow! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
zriL wrote:
It's fun but it's looks very uneffective. I feel elemental equilibrium doesn't really help, because the arrows and the sparks aren't alternating. It looks like spamming fire traps would be more effective. Besides it seems accuracy is lacking.
He's struggling to kill white mobs while he's above area level.

Though I appreciate the creativity, it does look very ineffective: a whole pack of squids ca, be dealt of with just one or two sweeps of Cleave.

Things might be different if burning could be somehow enhanced, say if enough monsters are burning, an explosion would take place, or they would be engulfed in flames.

As it stands, I took Pyromaniac on a funky melee witch and while it looks sweet, the burning effect is really weak.
DOnt look like the this way is the best but is really original way :), in the video you have a lot of troubles killing monters under your level, beacuse you dont have enogth damage/crowd control.
Sorry for my english dudes! D:
i don´t get why he use Elemental Equilibrium.

I would delete the points in this passive and skill the 2 Passive with +10% chance to shock with Lightning damage (he is only one point away rom them) and link Shock totem with Elemental Profilation.

IGN: kReiZy
"
zriL wrote:

edit : he's not using anger, this should be mandatory for this build.

According to the post he made, he uses both Anger and wrath. But they weren't on any hotkeys, so Chris didn't use them :P, I guess.
Hi everybody,
I'm really happy, my build was picked. I spend a lot of time, that I actually didn't have, so it's good to see that it was worth it.
I have a few comments though!

1) Yes, I use anger, wrath and clarity as auras. I even took inner fire to boost these to the max. They are a key component of this build and it somewhat pains me to see poor Burnhard having to shoot more than twice at a skelli :(
I have a lot of active spells, that's why I have all auras on one hotkey. Every time I enter an area, I have to quickly click a couple of times. If I ever find a mana leech, I'll probably swap out clarity for hatred (or maybe discipline).

2) A lot of people seemed confused, but burning arrow does not give fire-resistance due to Elemental Equilibrium! When hitting with all three elements (from gear and auras!), EE is uneffected. That also means that a previous EE-debuff will NOT be removed by the burning arrow! In principle, the same accounts for the fire trap, but it's no so easy to add other types of damage. I only linked it to lightning damage, so that the mobs don't become resistant to fire (they get -50% cold res until they get hit again by the spark totem), but linking it to cold damage as well would be even better and I think I'll do that eventually

I hope that explained the most important questions.
I'm glad most people liked the build. For more comments, please visit my thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/39266

Edit: changed some formulations
Last edited by mokschi on Aug 5, 2012, 10:27:46 AM
Isn't this the 2nd build using Burning/Elemental Proliferation? Sounds like a strong combo working with many classes?
While it's nice to see special builds (bow templar, bloodmagic marauder) I would really like to see a bow-ranger build. In general I would like to see more "normal" high level (50+) builds and how they play in end-game. Bow-Ranger, Spellcasting-Witch, Marauder with 1h+shield, Staff-templar and so on.
Since the videos are advertising it might be good idea to show some normal stuff and that you can kill things in endgame without doing some crazy sill/passive combinations. Show us dex-ranger (evasion!) and int-witch! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info