Just bought Diablo 2: anyone want to play.

Ya so just bought the game and kinda figuring stuff out as i go along trying to get the hang. Post here if you want to play together :)
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
"
Zidjian wrote:
Ya so just bought the game and kinda figuring stuff out as i go along trying to get the hang. Post here if you want to play together :)

Awesome! Have fun. What's your first character?
Forum Sheriff
I would, but my CD-Key was banned...

I have no idea why, but when I emailed Blizzard they said I was reported hacking, which I never did.
I picked a Necromancer. Kinda getting used to the summoning.
If you get hung up somewhere or have some general questions feel free to PM me.

I just lost my hard drive last week so I have to reinstall at some point.
Maybe ill reinstall my D2.
I've no other games to play currently apart from HoN that I'm a bit tired of (after playing 500h+ of it).

Ya, i am kinda wandering my attributes. It feels like i am kinda just sling them wherever. What a good method for a necromancer?
strength does not need to be high. Around 40 depending on what armor you want (usually a breastplate is more than enough).
Energy should have enough that you're not constantly running out of mana. This will depend on what build you play.
Dexterity should have very little.
Everything else into health.

Skills depend on what build you're playing. Amplify damage is always good though.

My first D2 character was a necromancer that focused on summoning. Summoning isn't the most powerful necro build but it is a lot of fun.

I always find this webpage helpful.
http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Main_Page
And here's the necro page where you can read about skill progressions and suggestions.
http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Necromancer
Forum Sheriff
I will totally play D2 with you! I have a necromancer in Hardcore, currently stuck on normal because I can't kill Diablo (my skellies need more resistance to get around his lightning). That said, I can re-roll and join you for some fun.

As for how to build a Necro. I'd suggest the following ideas.

1. Go for poison damage (lacks punch in Hell mode without awesome gear but you can roll through normal no problem). Basically find a good dagger, pump the "invenome weapon" skill, run around stabby stabby and watch things die. Most of the time you can hit them once and run away and the poison will just eat them down.

2. Summoner build (called a fishymancer for some reason). Basically, pump all points into raise skeleton, max it, put points into summon mastery (max it). Put a few points into summon resist (first point gets your summons a 33% resist to all magic damage!) Put one point into each curse as they come along, and invest a point or 2 in corpse explosion. A fishymancer can go through normal/nightmare naked just by relying on the summons. Also, later on, you can get the.. forgot the name... "monster recall" skill, where you can resurrect a monster and it'll fight for you (although they tend to wonder off at times). With a few +skill items you can get 12 skeletons doing crazy dps with decent HP + whatever mobs you choose to resurrect.

The down side of build 2 is felt particularly hard in act 2 when your in the (my brain isn't working) "bug caverns" lol... your basically forced to walk down these narrow halls and your skeletons always trail behind you. Because of this, it can be a pain in the butt to clear that area because you become the only means of dps. Thats why corpse explosion is important.

The down side to build 1 is that (obviously) anything with poison resistance is going to give you a headache.

Sorry for the long post. I got excited.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Hardcore build:
Str: Enough for equipment, you want about 40-50 points into it.
Dex: Enough for max block with a good blocking shield, don't try to max block with a shield with bad blocking. ~200 points by level 85
Energy: Nothing, use some mana potions when necessary in the start, get some items with +mana.
Vitality: Everything else!! Life is important for every char.

Max raise skeleton, max skeleton mastery, 1 in every curse, 1 in summon resist, 1 in revive. Max Corpse Explosion. Rest can be in: summon skeleton mage, dim vision, bone armor or whatever you want.

Act2 nightmare offensive (might) merc.

PVP Build (needs good items):
Str/Dex/Energy NOTHING!!!
Vit: Everything!!
HOTO, Homunculus, bulkathosx2, rare +3 bone amu, rare circlet, rare boots, trangs gloves, nigma, rare belt (or bugbelt if your on europe). 9 skillers, torch, anni. fhr/res/life scs. BOweapon+spirit on switch

Max bone spirit + synergies, max bone armor + synergies. 1 in decrep, 1 in golem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info