Will characters be deleted after release?

Will characters made during "early access" be deleted when the mid-august patch is released?
The Open Beta 'patch' isn't due mid-August anymore -- it's TBA, likely later this year. At this time, it will involve the reduction of all characters to level 1 and all gear (minus very rare hardcore race prizes) will be erased.

After this time, the game is considered 'soft released' -- there'll be content added regularly and possibly (probably) balancing patches but no more wipes.

The very distant advent of Act 4 MIGHT signify full release, but it'll hardly be as significant jump as Closed to Open Beta.

Basically, GGG want to keep the game in Open Beta for as long as possible because it leaves their options to add to the game and tweak it. 'Full release' carries a connotation of 'complete', and a game like this might never be fully 'complete'.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Wait, the hardcore race prizes won't be deleted? such as the demigod amulet?
Specifically the Demigods.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
The very distant advent of Act 4 MIGHT signify full release, but it'll hardly be as significant jump as Closed to Open Beta.

huh? have i missed something?
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info