Windowed Fullscreen Issues

Hello all,

I have been playing PoE for a while now, and finally decided "dealing with it" is not the correct way for me to deal with the problem I am having. I have my Windows start bar situated at the top of my screen, and find that when I play with windowed fullscreen the game auto-adjusts itself so that it is flush to the bottom of the start bar rather than sitting over it like other games do in windowed fullscreen.

Whilst I know this is a very minor issue in the long run of things, I find it more and more annoying needing to load the game in windowed mode and click the maximize button in order to Put the screen to a sensible size (it is still flush to the start bar, but it bugs me less than windowed fullscreen because it makes more sense with the top bar fluh to it rather than the top of the actual game, at least to me).

Does anyone else have the same issue and perhaps knows a way to fix it, or is this simply some issue on my end with hardware/software conflicting with it?

Thanks for any help that surfaces from this!
I'm pretty sure that's just how "Windowed Fullscreen" is. On my linux machine, it's actually even worse because the calculations on something don't add up right and I end up getting an offset in my game by the height of my task bar.

That means in order for me to click anything in "Windowed Fullscreen" I actually have to click in a different place in the screen than the actual item I'm clicking on.

My recommendation for better gameplay if you don't like the taskbar showing is to use Fullscreen and set the resolution to the same as your native desktop resolution. Then there should be no problems getting to your desktop through alt-tab, etc.
"
Drakier wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's just how "Windowed Fullscreen" is. On my linux machine, it's actually even worse because the calculations on something don't add up right and I end up getting an offset in my game by the height of my task bar.

That means in order for me to click anything in "Windowed Fullscreen" I actually have to click in a different place in the screen than the actual item I'm clicking on.

My recommendation for better gameplay if you don't like the taskbar showing is to use Fullscreen and set the resolution to the same as your native desktop resolution. Then there should be no problems getting to your desktop through alt-tab, etc.

Every other game I run in windowed fullscreen encompasses my entire screen as if it was in fullscreen, only allows me to easily move between that and programs on my other screen. My other screen is the main reason I like using windowed fullscreen is because of this.

Like I say, it is only a small problem when looking at the large scheme of things, but it niggles at me every time so in an ideal situation I would hope that there is either a client fix I can use or perhaps it is a game problem that the awesome devs in GGG can fix :)
I'd throw this into the Suggestions forum.

I don't think there is anything we can provide you in the way of support to get the game to do what you want. This seems more like a requested feature.

Good luck.
"
Drakier wrote:
I'd throw this into the Suggestions forum.

I don't think there is anything we can provide you in the way of support to get the game to do what you want. This seems more like a requested feature.

Good luck.

I did think of that, but as I said in a previous post, I was not sure whether this was a problem on my end or not :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info