I randomly get disconnected every few minutes or so, please help.

"
superroflcake wrote:
My router/modem(I'm on wireless by the way) has been giving me trouble lately, but I'm not sure if it's the router, modem, or both that is causing the problem. I haven't had problems with any other game except for Diablo 3. I guess Action-RPG's hate me or something. I'll play Battlefield 3 and have 40ms ping, yet when I play PoE or Diablo it'll be in the 150s-200s range. I really want to get to the bottom of my problem.

Given the results you've posted here, I'd be surprised to see you experiencing anything less than 1500ms.

"
RedEarSlider wrote:
+1 on this problem i've never had any connection problems before

Care to post some details/explain the issue?
A "+1" to someone having issues with their wireless router would only indicate the same thing, which is something we can't fix for you.

"
Torrentula81 wrote:
I started having this problem a few days ago myself. I was convinced it wasn't my internet since I never have any problems with it. A forum post helped me out.

basically log in to the game and go to a waypoint.

alt tab out of the game so its running. Keep volume on so you know if your getting attacked.

then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\logs theres a client.txt file. Towards very bottom you should see a Connecting to instance server at 173.192.25.21:6112 but whatever address it gives you.

Just put the address into winMTR without the port number part. Wait a few minutes or as I did I alt tabbed back and played a bit and saw the results after game logged me out. Another time I sat there watching it instead of playing and saw my ping times go up to 3 to 4 seconds. Mine also showed packet loss but the issue was ping times. Just play the game with it running until you get booted with it running.

Hooked up the ethernet. disabled wifi adapter in network and sharing and redid the test. worst ping times never went above 150ms. Everything is perfect now. I even reinstalled the drivers to get it working before all of this. Oh well at least I know its my router and not the game. Could be your issue as well.

"Hooked up the ethernet. disabled wifi adapter"
Best piece of advice for anyone using a wireless connection right there :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info