Cyclone/Multistrike is amazing ( oh, but the desync)

Never really been bothered too much by desync because I play standard. But found a Multistrike and thought I would try it with my cyclone. Wow, what a destructive combo. Besides all the obvious benefits, the skill did something unexpected. Power Steering. Because Multistrike is programmed to attack the next available target after killing one you can hold attack button and you will find yourself cycloning from ghoul to ghoul with almost no effort. But I find myself warping all over the place and of course end up toast.

So I was wondering if anyone else has tried and their impressions on this skill combo.
Thx.

It really is all kinds of fun even with the desync and would probably be nerfed if desync wasn't an issue. I just hope Kripp doesn't use it and inflate the market for the things I use. Sorry I don't even know the dude but he totally blew my discharge build...Ha : )
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
I've yet to find a Multistrike but that sounds awesome!

Cyclone, as a concept, has always appealed to me but I've heard that it's really...underwhelming?

I'd love to give this version... *sunglasses* ...a whirl.
Last edited by MrMocharaid on Jun 20, 2013, 1:45:58 AM
Yeah I think cyclone is my fav tried a few diff builds with it and have 1 that is successful at endgame but this would absolutely be incredible without desync
... Please give it a shot as it is a blast but be ready to die.... And I am sure that there are ways to build without death but my char is only lvl 55 now
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
I tried this combo and while it is useful to auto-spin towards your next target in the same go, it can also lead to some dangerous situations where you really need to get the hell away and not spin into the next group.

The desync is pretty bad, yea, but what bugs me even more is that tiny, tiny obstacles on the ground will prevent you from spinning in its direction, leaving you just standing there.
Well, I'm pretty close to just giving up on Hardcore and retiring to Standard permanently. The amount of rage this game causes me...I'm just too bad for Hardcore I guess! xD

So dying wouldn't worry me too much, as long as it was a fun build! <3

Can you go into more detail about your build? Like your Class, your passive tree choices, your gems, stuff like that?
Yeah I tried hardcore and would be too stressed to even enjoy the game...separation anxiety I guess? I wouldn't put too much merit to my build as I am doing self-found and kinda just build around what I can find but I can give u the bare bones.

Templar

5 link chest with:
Life on hit
Mana leech
Multistrike
Cyclone
Item rarity

Skill tree is a mess so I am squishy as hell, I have tried to stay middle of the road so that I have choices when I have a more concise purpose.

Passive skill tree build

Self found is definitely a challenge but adds a whole new dynamic to the game... Liking it now but we'll see, ha!
I tried it and hated it. Back to Added Fire for me.
I agree add fire and melee phys are the crowns for phys cyclone
In terms of pure damage increase, Concentrated Effect does amazing things.
Yep that one too. But would like to try that with aoe increases, you have to learn how to drive your man well with the slim width conc eff gives but you get used to it, bumped my upper lvl cyclone dps by like 3000

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info