Good indie games

Oh, I didn't. I just hate leaving things out, especially based on assumptions :)

For instance, to me, Spacechem was the best game released in 2011, but as with many on that list, it's not getting near a million results on Google, if that's your choice of metric (and even that says nothing about whether you yourself know it). To me it's like "everyone who both plays games and has a brain should know of this game", but clearly they don't, and if they don't know what I consider to be the best game of 2011, why would I assume they know slightly-less-amazing things any better? Best let you decide what you know.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Aug 3, 2012, 7:29:17 PM
Miner Dig Deep is a decent miner game off the Xbox Live Arcade.

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
--Herm Albright
For Singleplayer I can recommend:
Amnesia
Braid
Super Meat Boy
Space Pirates and Zombies
Bastion
Gemini Rue

And for Coop:
Magicka
Shank
Orcs must Die 2
Trine 2
Serious Sam 3
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Best one is "The Impossible Game" its about beeing a cube who jumps over obstacles with awesome music
Spelunky http://spelunkyworld.com

"
nossirom wrote:
Amnesia
Braid
Super Meat Boy
Bastion
Gemini Rue

And for Coop:
Magicka
Shank
Orcs must Die 2
Trine 2
Serious Sam 3

In my opinion whole Serious Sam series is worth mentioning. Been playing it in 2001 when first encounter came out, then second encounter absolutely living up to my expectations, didn't really like Serious Sam 2 and didn't have enough time to play SS3 but i'm looking forward to make up that time. Absolutely great series.
I am a massive indie game fan here is just a short list that I feel are some of the best:

Limbo
Bastion
Super Meat Boy
To the Moon (one the best Indie games of all time)
Sword and Sorcery
Vessel
Cogs
Trine, 1,2
Tiny and Big:Grandpa's Leftovers (crazy name, fun game)
Legend of Grimrock (Amazing Dungeon Master remake)
Botanicula
Quantum Conundrum
Fez
Amnesia the Dark Descent

Just to list a few. Hope this helps you find a few good ones.

There is some pretty solid stuff out there, but here some of the games I play alot,

Magicka
Bastion
Braid
Cthulu Saves the World
Dungeons of Dredmor
Space Pirates and Zombies (brilliant game)
Breath of Death
Binding of Isaac (makes me uneasy but in a good way)
Titan Attacks (becuase it's Space Invaders essentially)
Machinarium
Orcs Must Die 1 & 2
Dungeon Defenders
Eh, where's Dwarf Fortress

Come on, you know you want to play this :)
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
Eh, where's Dwarf Fortress

Come on, you know you want to play this :)

Ah yes Dwarf Fortress I vouch for this game as well, completely forgot about it, even though I have it on my desktop lol.
"
Espilon wrote:
Spelunky http://spelunkyworld.com

"
nossirom wrote:
Amnesia
Braid
Super Meat Boy
Bastion
Gemini Rue

And for Coop:
Magicka
Shank
Orcs must Die 2
Trine 2
Serious Sam 3

In my opinion whole Serious Sam series is worth mentioning. Been playing it in 2001 when first encounter came out, then second encounter absolutely living up to my expectations, didn't really like Serious Sam 2 and didn't have enough time to play SS3 but i'm looking forward to make up that time. Absolutely great series.

Should try out Serious Sam Double D and Random Encounter they are great additions to the series as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info