infernal blow + support gem?

There is a support gem, weapon elemental damage. Not sure I have the name just right, but it gives +60% elemental damage at level 1.

Does this work with melee elemental skills like infernal blow, lightning strike, etc? The elemental damage is converted from physical, so it is sort of from the weapon but not exactly. I guess it depends if the +elemental damage is calculated before or after the physical-->fire conversion from the main skill?

Also, will this support gem increase damage from other support gems, i.e. added fire damage?

meheh I love complex games :)
not enough time for gaming!
Last edited by zinger on Aug 3, 2012, 8:21:47 AM
Yes, it works. Probably the main reason the mana cost multiplier is so high with it.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
if you hover over your skill tooltip in your action bar, it will tell you what types of damage the skill is using, weapo elemental damage support gem will increase all the elemental damage that skill is using. it really is a beautiful thing. almost feels required if you have a lot of heavy elemental damage. (like me) :)
The answer is 42.
If you hit something with a weapon, and deal elemental damage, weapon elemental damage increases apply to that damage.
I'm rather curious Mark_GGG, how did you miss the spam bot in the post before yours? :p
why infernal blow dont working with add fire damage gem?its so bullshit
"
AirMage wrote:
why infernal blow dont working with add fire damage gem?its so bullshit

Infernal Blow works fine with Added Fire Damage supports. It adds fire based on the physical damage done by the initial hit. There isn't any physical damage on the corpse explosion part of the attack, so nothing is added to that.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info