Shield Charge Bug

I skimmed through some threads around here and found out that some of the shield charge bugs that I've noticed in the game myself have already been reported. Namely the inability to hit the target when against a wall.

The bug I've been experiencing is very similar to that one and the cause might be the same one in both bugs.

The bug itself occurs if I hold the shield charge button long enough on one target. The character starts to slowly move forward with each strike and is eventually almost inside the enemy. At this point it's as if the attacks aren't registered on the mob anymore but instead right behind it causing no damage.

The bug seems most prominent in mobs that have a reluctance to move thus causing the charger to stay inside the mob for a longer period of time if he himself doesn't move.

Note that I've only tested this on the templar so it might just be caused by the specific animation.

I made some video clips to demonstrate this:
I found Merveil to be an exellent subject for this due to her two forms first of which is highly mobile and the second almost an immobile caster.

First up is the mobile humanoid Merveil. Every once in a while you'll notice a shield charge that wasn't registered and Merveil moving back a little so she herself can line up for a swing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbkdtuUqaPM

Then the caster form. You'll notice a long period of time when no shield charge strikes are registered and Merveil is clearly not against a wall. The problem persists until Merveil decides to back up a little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_MeO_mnDZg

I sincerely hope that what seems to be an animation problem causing this is fixed and I can relive the experience of a smiter as I did in D2.
I have this issue. ^^
This is a documented bug that cannot be fix with the way the skill works, it hits targets in front of your shield by 1-2 yards, so there is a "deadzone" where you cannot hit a target.

GGG said they are going to fix it, but not any time soon.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info