Diablo 3 Vs. POE

What would you think would be better?
A complete, polished Path of Exile
A complete, polished Diablo 3

Diablo 3 is permanently "broken"... no need to go into details..would take days to express all the problems. Go read their forums for a small taste.

GGG seems to be taking their time and putting in the necessary effort to make PoE the best game they possibly can.

I give it to PoE hands down.

7 days ago I requested the permanent deletion of my battlenet account (all WoW chars, D3 etc)...18 yr marriage down the tubes thx to D3...so perhaps I'm a little biased....How does a butterfly spewing fairy kill Cain the last of the horadrim??? seriously???..k I'm done lol
"
Josephoenix wrote:
Diablo 3 is permanently "broken"... no need to go into details..would take days to express all the problems. Go read their forums for a small taste.

GGG seems to be taking their time and putting in the necessary effort to make PoE the best game they possibly can.

7 days ago I requested the permanent deletion of my battlenet account (all WoW chars, D3 etc)...18 yr marriage down the tubes thx to D3...so perhaps I'm a little biased....How does a butterfly spewing fairy kill Cain the last of the horadrim??? seriously???..k I'm done lol

I see what you're saying but let's say D3 did get their crap together and made a finished game the right way?
I think PoE is closer to D2 and D1 than D3 is. They keep the dark/gritty feel that both games had. They have stated on multiple occasions that they want PoE to feel like D2 and its for the D2 playerbase. I think the team behind D3 is taking it in a completely different direction than where it should be and they are trying to appeal to a broader audience, so the mechanics and gameplay are bound to be different.

Besides that, PoE has some AMAZING concepts (passive skill tree, rerollable maps, and actual character and item progression). They're thinking big and going big, so PoE takes the cake for me.

EDIT: Also, the devs take the time to talk to the community and take in ALL the feedback they get. they legit want to make the best game they can. you can just tell by all the Q&As that chris does with the streamers that GGG really cares about what the players think.
Last edited by derelicte on Aug 3, 2012, 1:19:29 AM
"
AJewishPizza wrote:
"
Josephoenix wrote:

I see what you're saying but let's say D3 did get their crap together and made a finished game the right way?

Then Diablo 3 would be like PoE. PoE is on the right track - D3 will have to me reworked to be fully polished.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Diablo III vs Path of Exile

Path of Exile undoubtedly the Diablo III takes 12 years to develop and see what has gone, the essence that is left by the Diablo II, is still played today over the latter.

Jay Wilson vs Chris Wilson

Hahahaha interesting question (are they brothers or cousins ​​or relatives?) Now seriously, as a producer and design leader I stay with Chris, after seeing what has become the Diablo III (Auction House Game) I stay with PoE!

Activi$ion Bli$$ard vs G3

Big enterprise vs. "small enterprise"

The purpose of a business is to get the most benefit and that we have to have all clear, but one thing is to profit doing something right for all and another making money trading when the game becomes a paytowin. When the game becomes this kind of game, the purchasing power of each player determines in which position he deserves to be, someone who can not afford to spend $ 200 on the RMAH, can never equal this much skill by the player has. After saying this, a worker recognized that Activision does not care about the gaming experience if not the money you get.

G3 does not sell objects, a gift for donating money to the project. I'm making the most of the Diablo III before starting on PoE, mostly to recoup $ 60 that cost me the game.

In summary, G3 is doing a great job, does not have as much money as Activision Blizzard but get a title is achieving very good and interesting, where 1 player can make thousands of experiences.

Well from here say, the best contribution to the great work of the company is once played the game (published version) to say to yourself, how much would pay for this game? And that money to donate, you will feel great.

I'm waiting to come out and finish the public version of Diablo III some things to at least start

Last edited by Necrosummon on Aug 3, 2012, 6:06:32 AM
Eh, if Diablo 2 is anything to go by, Diablo 3 will eventually become a solid game. I mean, anyone who played D2 early in its life could tell you just how broken things were.

But, it took quite a long time for that to happen.

As it stands though, PoE unpolished and unfinished is ridiculously awesome already.

So... uh.. I guess I really don't have an answer. XD

I'm a big time ARPG addict so I'll pretty much just play which ever suits my addiction best until the other gets itself pulled together.

The good thing about D2's release was that there were a lot of other games to choose from at the time (Baldur's Gate II... aahhhhh yeaah) in the vein of isometric games. Sadly, there's really only PoE, D3, and eventually Torchlight 2 later on. :(

But man, PoE. Dude, it more than makes up for there being nothing else. Hell, I'm gonna have a time trying to pry myself from this game when TL2 comes out. lol

Random ramblings aside, if I had to give an answer, I'd say Path of Exile polished will be infinitely better than Diablo 3 polished. The basic factors that make up the core of D3 kinda cut it off at the knee caps. They would absolutely have to change the core of their game in order to actually affect a real change, and that would be asking a lot for any game, really.

About the only thing that could "save" Diablo 3 would be a solid expansion, hopefully untouched by that POS Bobby Kotick or any of the other corporate lackeys. And I really don't see that happening unless someone purchased Blizzard. And I don't see that happening, or at least not with the LMAO price-tag Vivendi is asking for.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
You can't polish a turd.

Bored in an airport? Yell, 'bomb!'
I must say that PoE is really nice to play.
There is just one point that is worse then d2.
The Story and the Quests. Why are the Quests so dump?
A little bit more fantasy would be great^^

Nevertheless i give my vote to PoE, because its very
nice to play and has no gear for money option =)

greets nestor
Removed by Admin
When I heard about cutthroat league I had a vision of a place, and in that place I saw a man, and in that man I saw my sword, and in my inventory I saw his loot
Last edited by Sam on Aug 8, 2012, 11:40:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info