[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
centaur6 wrote:
Hi,

I'm going to join next 3h HC race as a Shadow, and I was thinking about using some kind of similar build, but my concern is the early stage and lack of AoE. Anyone tried this already with Freezing Pulse or Cleave ? How good is it in comparison to GS Marauder and such ? At what level Shadow can get Lightning Strike gem anyway ? Thanks for any reply !

heya sorry i probably should have removed 3 hr hc race from the "usable in" section.

i've experimented with some builds and in terms of 3 hour races, dual wield claw is the fastest. this build is more powerful late game but is difficult to speedrun early on.

personally i speedrun using dual wield claw as well
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
so, got bored and decided to start up a discussion topic.

How dagger shadows compare to the other Shadow Types (in my opinion)

thoughts anyone?
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
so, got bored and decided to start up a discussion topic.

How dagger shadows compare to the other Shadow Types (in my opinion)

thoughts anyone?

I would say caster>claw>dagger>bow from easiest to the most difficult

I have(Had now, legacy!)a cold-crit-ci shadow caster and it was no sweat, tough I had a really poo gear.
Just need FP 20% with LMP, added chaos, crit damage and if you can added cold(5l not that difficult), and with a totem ice spear lmp faster casting is even easier.

My end game goal was this(Arcane potency> Bloodthirst witht he 10% crit mult>Doom Cast > The last Bloodthirst) or this(if I had mana problem first templar side, then witch).
Last edited by kadrek91 on Oct 18, 2012, 9:56:51 AM
interesting point. I was considering if bow shadow or dagger shadow would be tougher and it was a close call.

i'm pretty awful at ranged characters coz i find them more boring compared to melee, but having played as a bow shadow before (once and that was it) i think it's comparatively easier due to the fact that it is range vs melee. Keep in mind that i'm using a HC situation where even 1 death is unacceptable.

even in HC, there are a number of bow users and hardly if any dagger wielding chars.
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
interesting point. I was considering if bow shadow or dagger shadow would be tougher and it was a close call.

i'm pretty awful at ranged characters coz i find them more boring compared to melee, but having played as a bow shadow before (once and that was it) i think it's comparatively easier due to the fact that it is range vs melee. Keep in mind that i'm using a HC situation where even 1 death is unacceptable.

even in HC, there are a number of bow users and hardly if any dagger wielding chars.

Yea claw/dagger they are about to the same plan but claw leeches so till you don't have a "I oneshot everything lolz" gear is better have a good sustain.

Caster is really easy, pick cold damage crit and CI and win, you don't even need to leech with the regene from distance.

Dagger well you play dagger as a ranged lolz so thats fairly safe.

Archer it's true that is from distance but you need to be good, if you let your guard down and get surrounded you are pretty much gone(this does not happen with cold mage because of freezing pulse and ice nova)
"
kadrek91 wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

Yea claw/dagger they are about to the same plan but claw leeches so till you don't have a "I oneshot everything lolz" gear is better have a good sustain.

Caster is really easy, pick cold damage crit and CI and win, you don't even need to leech with the regene from distance.

Dagger well you play dagger as a ranged lolz so thats fairly safe.

Archer it's true that is from distance but you need to be good, if you let your guard down and get surrounded you are pretty much gone(this does not happen with cold mage because of freezing pulse and ice nova)

true that, but dagger shadows don't actually become dagger shadows till ruthless onwards. Hence I usually use swords and cleave before that. Good daggers are also much tougher to find because they're hybrid weapons as compared to Bows and Claws.

you should try playing dagger shadow in HC it'll be fun i promise :P
Build of the Week 14
Once I get my dagger shadow to merciless and get it down some more (this is my first decent character I've played) I'm looking to start playing HC again.

My first attempts of the shadow was in HC and you know how that ended up.
Updated a section on Gear and Crafting as requested.
as well as added a mini graph on my opinion on how this build fares against the others.

Hope it helps folks! :)
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Oct 18, 2012, 4:30:15 PM
"
pr0fesser wrote:
Once I get my dagger shadow to merciless and get it down some more (this is my first decent character I've played) I'm looking to start playing HC again.

My first attempts of the shadow was in HC and you know how that ended up.

ya best to practise it in default first before venturing to HC :)
Build of the Week 14
I disagree with your difficulty judgement.

Last default I had a LS CI Dagger shadow and a Iceshot CI Bow shadow and currently I run a CI bow shadow again with a totally different build. With both Bow shadows I feel much more secure compared to my Dagger shadow. I barely have to run away, if so Ice Shot and Elemental Proliferation mass freezes...I died more on my Dagger shadow than on my Bow Shadows together...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info