I can't Alt-Tab out of PoE in Windowed or Fullscreen Windowed modes

As the title suggests, I'm having problems navigating in and out of Path of Exile when I'm busy referencing other tabs. Last night I spent a good deal of time mapping out a build on the talent calculator, and I like to have it open in case I forget which passives to branch into while I'm playing. Things like this, as well as the ability to check email, and hop on Skype/Ventrilo while playing are being hindered by the inability to switch tabs unless I log out. Last night I was able to switch fine.

This isn't the most horrendous of bugs, but I'm just wondering if there's a way to fix it, that's all. Thanks.
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2017, 2:00:12 AM
i have this now too wtf? GGG HELP MY MOM WAS ON SKYPE AND I CAN'T SEE ANYMORE!!! SHE GONE T.T !!!!! HELP! HELP GGG
I'm having this issue as well, and since I'm trying to stream with twitch at the same time, not being able to tab out is extremely unhelpful haha. My game client takes forever to boot up, so having to exit each time really sucks.
Hi guys,

Can you please clarify how long you've been experiencing this issue? Is it since the most recent patch, or does it predate that?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hi guys,

Can you please clarify how long you've been experiencing this issue? Is it since the most recent patch, or does it predate that?

predates to the beginning of my playing experience. (serious.) it doesnt always occur when playing windowed fullscreen, only occasionally.

"
April 23, 2012 12:32 AM

i may have raised this issue once or twice, but i wasnt paid any attention.

also happen to be running skype (just something in common with OP). running windows 7. this also occurs in other games when enabling "windowed fullscreen." examples include l4d2, cs:go, skyrim (maybe, not too sure on skyrim, was a long time ago).
IGN: Sudoku
Last edited by soundee on Jul 16, 2013, 1:52:32 AM
Thanks for providing me with this information. How much RAM do you have available? Also, are you running a 32 or 64 bit version of Windows?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Thanks for providing me with this information. How much RAM do you have available? Also, are you running a 32 or 64 bit version of Windows?

64bit / 3GB ram
IGN: Sudoku
The "intermittent can no longer alt+tab" is a loooong ago known issue. It's elusive, afaik they still have no idea why it happens nor how to fix it. I still get it once every 3 races or so, where it's at its most annoying, but i've learned to live with it.

I've noticed it is most likely to occur if you alt+tab during a loading screen. In fact, that may be the only time it occurs. Maybe something about it being very busy and unresponsive, perhaps Windows likes to "keep in touch" and when it doesn't for a long enough period this happens. Perhaps something to do with it *getting close to, but not exactly reaching* the point where Windows will give you the popup that the app "is not responding".

It's very interesting to hear that this bug occurs in a couple other games as well, i'd assumed it was PoE-only. Should make it easier for GGG to find out how to fix it.

Win 7 x64, Core i7 720QM, 8G ram, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870, 1G.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 16, 2013, 7:55:22 AM
Im having this same problem as well... however its not a from time to time thing. it occurs every single time i try it. instead i began playing in window mode and that help however here i encounter another problem. i unintentionally click at the top of the window and the game logs me out... cant wait to get this fixed and good luck GGG
I have this problem too. This only occurs during borderless window mode, if I alt+enter to fullscreen I can tab.

I like windowed fullscreen mode for various reasons though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info