Unable to Connect to Instance

Hi,
I'm able to log in and see my character selection screen, but when I press Play, the game loads for about 30 seconds, then logs me out with an error message stating the thread topic.
I stopped playing PoE for a couple of months, and wanted to start playing again about a week ago, and ever since then, I have been trying to log in every day, but it always yields the same result.
I've tried this on all servers, same result.
I'm in Australia, Telstra is my ISP. I've tried disabling my Firewall and all such things.

I've read through some of the older posts about a problem seemingly similar to this, but none of their solutions have helped.

Thanks in advance!
Can you enter the first area with a new character?
Last edited by Malice on Jun 18, 2013, 3:15:55 AM
Just checked, no, same issue.
Hey there,

Can you post your system specs or DxDiag?

It might also help to run a trace route to either pathofexile.com or au.login.pathofexile.com. Instructions on how to do so can be found here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361292
Roman, I do not want to go bowling with you.
WinMTR for AU.login.pathofexile.com
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 119.252.190.195 - 0 | 151 | 151 | 22 | 23 | 34 | 24 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Computer specs.:
Processor: Intel Core i5, 3.00GHz, 4 CPUs
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Did you cut out any of the information in the WinMTR trace you posted?

I only see 1 hop and I'm certain there should be quite a few more than that.
Yeah, so was I, but, oddly enough, that's all I got from it. I kept expecting it to change, but it just sat on that one. I let it get to about 150 sends, as it shows.

Edit: Should I try the base website in it?
Last edited by lawrence501 on Jun 19, 2013, 3:50:56 AM
I'd follow the instructions in the WinMTR thread (listed in the Consolidated Technical sticky thread) and see if any of the listed sites show any different.

Perhaps it could also just be a problem with your network or denial of certain packet types. Perhaps try PingPlotter or some other trace type software that will do the same thing (only differently).
Just tried it with the base website and some other servers, same result, and I tried PingPlotter, too, only one hop appeared there, as well. Is there something in options that I'm supposed to alter from the default settings?

Edit: Just used www.google.com as a dummy test, only got one hop for that, too, so I'm assuming that I'm doing something wrong here, sorry.
Last edited by lawrence501 on Jun 19, 2013, 11:04:02 PM
Try udp instead of icmp?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info