2H Mace or Axe?

wats better a two handed mace build or axe?

i want know before i spend my points xD
Axes have higher damage while maces have a +20% stun duration bonus. Maces required only strength while axes need some dexterity.

http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/weapon

The difference in terms of strength active skills is that axes can use cleave where as maces can use glacial hammer and ground slam.

I personally play an axe build because most people play with mace and I like to be a little different.

IGN: RagingShien
"
Shien wrote:
The difference in terms of strength active skills is that axes can use cleave where as maces can use glacial hammer and ground slam.

Don't forget about sweep for maces.

Edit: The str + dex vs. str only is a signigicant difference, as many marauder builds lack in dex.
Last edited by paperboy2000 on Aug 2, 2012, 1:48:07 PM
2H axe can also use sweep.
IGN: RagingShien
lol i'll never saw a good axe as item
There are some skills that require maces to be used, ground slam would be an example, but there is no skill that comes to my mind which requires axes.

Besides that i would also prefer Maces over axes, for the simple reason that maces dont need dex and there are some nice passives to get with using maces.
I would like to join the discussion and ask about swords what is the difference between them and maces/axes i know they have the highest accuracy but is that the only benefit over other weapons?
Yah, I really want to take the mace skills...but i cant find any that aren't super trumped by the axes I keep finding
Unavailable
can't ever seem to find a maul with decent increased physical % at a decent number
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
i wanted to find a good axe build.. i found this weapon and the axes look too nice to pass up

Unavailable

i hope sweep and cleave are enough to keep me alive as ground slam with a mace seems to work so much better.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
With my(ever-changing final) build: for weapons at optimal magical properties for physical damage, axes overtake mauls in terms of raw physical damage at about lvl 35 because of the better base damage stats of the axes. This happens even though my maul build has 127% bonus physical damage and my axe build only has 97%(attack speed mod in the build is the same). I also get +16% maximum life with the axe build. The only thing that's lacking is some stun threshold, which shouldn't matter since the hard mobs can be near-immune anyways.

If you're wondering about accuracy and crit chance, I took the Resolute technique skill, so they can be disregarded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info