Thinking about POE

Hello,
I just saw this game recommended in the D3 forum.

I would love to check this game out but I can only spend the min of $10.
I hope it doesn't turn out to be D3 failure as I really love this style of ARPG's.
All in all just making a thread to say nice to meet you guys, maybe if there still offering paid services I will upgrade to a higher level after beta.

Id like to hear some first impressions for those who have the time.

Val
"
Valdris119 wrote:
Hello,

I hope it doesn't turn out to be D3 failure as I really love this style of ARPG's.
All in all just making a thread to say nice to meet you guys, maybe if there still offering paid services I will upgrade to a higher level after beta.

Val

IMHO spend the 10$ and try the game, it is not that much money :) I also started with 10$ and than slowly upgraded untill the bronze package :) (and i find the game worth every cent)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Jul 31, 2012, 3:10:05 PM
check some youtube vids, there are a few of them that are really good.

Personal note: I love this game!
Last edited by Magic666 on Jul 31, 2012, 3:10:59 PM
"
Valdris119 wrote:
Hello,

Val

It starts really slow and somewhat dull, but over time you'll suddenly become overwhelmed by this massive complexity that makes this game really unique and special.

You'll really have to stomach the first 8 to 10 hours, maybe even shudder at yourself in disbelief at some game mechanics that you might think are dumb. You'll be asking yourself,

"Why would they do something like this? Why would they design it this way?"

Suddenly, it'll be like trying to learn the controls on an N64 for the first time on a 3D engine. Everything is so interesting and well thought out, beautiful intellectualized game mechanics.

This this the Gamer's game, a game with complex game mechanics that caters to the intellectual and the hardcore.

It's the Jazz of music, an acquired taste for the adventurous mind. The game experience is like Miles Davis playing a trumpet solo in Kind of Blue, the nights are at odds and ends but fit in perfect, melodic harmony. Everything just sounds and feels "right", but is... different.

You have to dig deep into your soul to truly appreciate this game, but when you do, my god... It's one the coolest most hipster game's out there right now.

Appreciate now while it's new. ;)
"
Valdris119 wrote:
Hello,

Val

Well Kripp likes it, if you know who that is. And he was blown away by the complexity and possibilities with the game mechanics and skill tree. Try it out as it's no where near the failure of D3.
At first it seems hard and clunky, however after a few hours you will understand that this is the game we have all been waiting for.

Many say the graphics suck. I feel they are just fine, I am more interested in mechanics than eye candy.

Unlimited Replay because of how the skill system, works.

Dont like the drops? Fine craft something yourself, from what I heard the best drops are white drops. I have to say there is truth to this as I created a great mace from a white object.

You can run but you will only die tired.
So nice to know its a "Gamers game".

Supported and installing!

Again nice to meet you guys.

Gosh sorry for double posting but as i read the patch notes, and there is a lot, I didn't notice any nerfs and they actually implemented items influenced by players.

I must say that just....epic.
"
Valdris119 wrote:
Gosh sorry for double posting but as i read the patch notes, and there is a lot, I didn't notice any nerfs and they actually implemented items influenced by players.

There will obviously be some nerfs, but it won't have the same impact as in Diablo 3. Due to the way the passive skill tree and active skills work, nerfs won't destroy chars like they did in D3.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
ongZ wrote:
"
Valdris119 wrote:

There will obviously be some nerfs, but it won't have the same impact as in Diablo 3. Due to the way the passive skill tree and active skills work, nerfs won't destroy chars like they did in D3.

iAS nerf bringed me to stop playing Diablo 3 cause my week long farmed gear was destroyed. Just so dissappointed of BlizzTard.
I love to use the edit button. :P

Greetings from Germany.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info