Should I buy early Beta?

Hey, I'm looking for opinions if I should buy early beta, I have always loved ARPG's and i'm a very large fan of customization, like a substantial amount of people i was drawn here by unhappy Diablo players posting on the forums, (im not going to mention that again though) and when i first had a look at the gameplay it seemed really...Right.

The one fear is the combat may feel a little slow for me, so basically i want to know if its worth the early beta, how combat feels to you and if the skill tree is overwhelming.

the skill tree seemed daunting to me at first, but it has definitely grown on me. creating alts helps tremendously in getting a grip on it.

combat is always slow at level 1. it didn't take long for me to feel like I'm kicking ass and taking names though.
It's $10. I say give it a try. Worst case is that you don't like the game and donated $10 to great, responsive developers. I love the game so please help fund it.
One thing that I feel is important for people to understand is that you are not purchasing a beta key. You are pre-purchasing credits that can be spent in the store to buy additional content. Some of it is available now (additional storage and increased max number of characters limit) while more will be introduced going forward. Anything you purchase now will carry over to the open beta and full release. With this purchase you are gifted a beta key (or more than one depending on the package you get) so you can play now. Knowing that the money you spend now gets you something you can use in the game in closed beta, open beta, and the official release makes it much easier to spend $10+ on as you are getting something for your money.

As for the speed of the action and attacking, it gets faster as you play through the game and level up. Equipment, gems, and passive skills can increase your movement and attacking speed so you can design your character to be a lightning fast killing machine if you so choose.

The latest version of the skill tree has made it much easier for people that are new to PoE and helps you learn how it works before you have to make any big decision that could bite you in the arse later on. It can be intimidating at first but once you dive into your character build it becomes a lot of fun figuring out which path you want to take.
Last edited by RWTD_Burn on Jul 31, 2012, 11:15:18 AM
I wanted to keep playing so I decided to. I doubt I'll put any more money into the game other than that.
I think 10-15 dollars is a fair price to check the game out, and help support the ongoing development looking forward to my first play thru only 3gb left to d/load decent speed btw
Any money you invest you get as microtransaction currency. If you are confident that this is a game you will want to be playing in your future, then there is no reason not to start now.
"
Special wrote:
Hey, I'm looking for opinions if I should buy early beta, I have always loved ARPG's and i'm a very large fan of customization, like a substantial amount of people i was drawn here by unhappy Diablo players posting on the forums, (im not going to mention that again though) and when i first had a look at the gameplay it seemed really...Right.

The one fear is the combat may feel a little slow for me, so basically i want to know if its worth the early beta, how combat feels to you and if the skill tree is overwhelming.

Combat at the start is slow but definitely getting better if you are well geared up. However, you won't see any smooth combat like D3 has.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Myself, I have just joined and purchased the $10 for currency and the chance to get some beta action -but really 10 isnt a huge commitment - Ill have hotdogs tonight instead of pizza -

watching the videos on this game - Im sure Ill get plenty of enjoyment out of it
Glad to hear it, planning to buy beta :P, supporter title

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info