The open weekend and my concerns

"For the last five years our focus has been on designing an online game with maximum player choice and strategic freedom."
"We are completely opposed to the concept of “pay2win”."

These are quoted from the Shop page (https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase/) as the start of my first post.

First, greetings to my readers. Here are my opinions and you are welcome to comment.

I just tried PoE during the past open weekend. From the short time of game play, I feel GGG did what they said.
1) No hidden footprints in loots. The drops are adequate and I can alter items creatively. Nothing push me to the fxxking AH.
2) It seems a game made for players to play. Not a tool made to control and dictate players.
3) The fun comes from the freedom how I want to play, not how well I follow the "right way".
3) No self indulge, "cool" video clips/voice show offs grinding my eyes/ears.

I want to know if GGG will stick to these principles and be independent in future development:
1) No buff/nerf made to please the cryings.
2) Don't change the flavor of PoE to fit more players; instead, keep PoE unique!
3) Keep PoE a gamers' game made by real gamers. No CEO/CFO/Politics.
balance always enters into it when they talk PvP. then comes the inevitable homogenization of the classes.

PvP isn't here yet for this game, so we'll have to see what it brings when it does happen.
PvP in these games is almost unnecessary. Most PvP fights last all of 2 seconds and depends on who has the most DPS / Armor at the time. Nothing really exciting going on.

The worst thing about it is all the crying that occurs from the player-base when 1 type of class ends up the best. Zomg nerf that class!

Then it ends up effecting the main portion of the game just to appease the small group who actually care about the 2 seconds PvP option in the game.

Meh .. id go for monster arenas or something before worrying about PvP. But thats just me.
"
shadowofomioc wrote:

Meh .. id go for monster arenas or something before worrying about PvP. But thats just me.

And me... :-)
IGN: Mayon
__________________________________________________________________________________
Never argue with stupid people,
they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info