KUDOS GGG!!!!!!!!!11111one

Great job everyone at GGG.

After playing PoE for the open weekend, I am absolutely blown away. From what I was able to see, you have nailed the vision on the head.

PoE is what an ARPG should be in the year 2012. Building on it's predecessor's, improving upon the good/fun ideas and keeping it fresh and exciting for the player.

I absolutely love the gem/skill system as well as the passive grid. They are reminiscent of FFVII and FFX respectively. Whether intentional or not, the potential for countless builds and play-styles is very welcome to me and without a doubt, to all the gamers out there who don't like being forced into a 'cookie-cutter' or 'flavor of the week/month' builds.

Loot is fantastic! Finding items is fun! I like equipping the shiny (yet blood spattered) new piece of gear I just found inside that monster's entrails. The lack of gold or other monetary currency is rather fresh and innovative too. Deciding if I need to keep that white item with me, or whether or not to id those new blue boots is great. All of the orbs and item modification methods are freaking fantastic! Customization is win!

This game has a community! Trolls and morons aside (this is the internet after all) the current playerbase astounded me. Everyone was helpful and playing with others is fun and entertaining. The presence of the 'yellows' was a very welcoming sight too. Within hours, I saw more of the staff (Hi Chris and Jess!)
than I've seen from the 'blues' in months. <3

All that being said, I'm hooked and don't know how I'm going to make it until next week when I (hopefully) will be able to purchase a beta key (and a kiwi?!) :P
Damn bills, I knew I shouldn't have paid the gas.

Congrats GGG on what is and will be a great game, and I wish you the best of luck while progressing to release.
Hope to see you all soon!

-Fwik

TLDR: OMGWTFBBQ PoE is F'IN GREAT! Gimme a beta key nao!

edit: Got key. I love you all. Cya in a few minutes (what up day off from work?!)

editedit: Keep an eye out next week and I may hook someone up with a key. Yep.
The king is dead. Long live the king!
Last edited by Fwik on Jul 30, 2012, 9:56:00 AM
...Well, that's certainly a lot of excitement for one post. I think I need a lie-down and a cup of tea.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 30, 2012, 9:51:45 AM
Been waiting 12 years for this game.

(See what I did there? ^^^)

Forums will probably be seeing a lot of me. Big mistake. :P

--Fwik
The king is dead. Long live the king!
I wish I had not forgot about the open beta starting friday night.

I sat at home and ran act 1 over and over looking for a drop. Saturday I started d3 than shut it down less than 5 min later.

Sunday, I remembered that it was open beta. After about 2 hours I was hooked.

Yes, at first I was like WTF, these trees are to big. Until I learned just how powerful choice is.

I decided to support this project, wish it could have been more.
You can run but you will only die tired.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info